First Shotgun Post

Surveyor

I've got 3

12 ga 870 for gobblers and waterfowl

410 mossberg pump for small game, but its setup with #4 for home defense right now (its the easiest gun for my wife to handle)

an old black powder twist steel 12 gauge double that I restored. I really enjoy bird hunting, but this gun really changes the aura of the dove and quail hunts. I may enjoy it more than deer hunting, but I'll need another year or two to decide.

Use to use the 870 for deer till I moved to a rifle use state.

Guess Ill make my list....these are the only the ones I still have!

Rem 1100 16 ......took first whitetail with this one.

Browning light 12.....got when I was 10...a few scratches!

Rem 870 12....killed 30 or 40 deer with this one...still looks new!

Rem 1100 12..... I sold grandma the winning raffel ticket on this one...deal was I get the gun she got the gift certificate...less than a box fired in it to this day Ive had it 20ish years.

Browning BPS 10 3.5 mag......Big hammer!

Browning B-80 12.....got this one few years ago dont use for much its a safe filler.

Browning(??) 16...Dad gave me this one after being restored by Browning...Looks like a brand new gun.....Does not have SWEET SIXTEEN on it has Browning engraving along with FN markings.....has funny saftey in front off trigger gaurd.....I did the marking seach on it once made in 1938-1948...one fine bird gun!

Rem 870 12 Marine Mag.....lives by the bed!

Thats my current list! Deer Ducks Turkeys Birds Bad guys...got it covered!

OK let's see...........

Gave up my Mossberg 20 Ga pump to my sister Now my niece and nephew use it. I'll be getting that one back for my kids.

Got a 870 12 Ga Wingmaster that I though I wasn't getting along with until this year when I molded myself around it and started hitting pheasents like a mad man. It was a lot of fun!

Inherited my Uncles Ithica 37. It looks like it was put together from 3 or 4 parts guns. It has a big U.S. stamped into the receiver. It's neat!

Also inherited my Uncles Remington 11-48 20 Ga auto. Sweet little gun. My brother was sweet on it so I let it go.

I would really like to get myself a Browning Gold Fusion. Shot one at the sporting clays range and I am quit smitten. Nice piece of hardware. But I'm afraid that it would cut into the rifle fund. DANG!

Let's see; my dad likes buying and trying shotguns but usually goes back to his original few. That leaves me hold the proverbial bag to store his discarded shotguns.

Itaca Mag-10 If you can't shoot a goose with it, turn it over and use it like a LOOOONG flyswatter
Rem 870 12ga
Rem 1100 Trap grade...I just point and pull the trigger this gun does EVERYTHING else.
Browning Citori 12ga
Charles Daily 12ga Auto
Russian made modern (new) over/under 12ga
S/S 20ga double triggers, I can't remember the manufacturer right now. (old age)

I'm keeping my eyes open for a 20ga auto for my daughter. Not really in the market, but if someone is getting rid of one cheap...

Gun= Remington 1100 Black Synthetic
Modifications= Hastings Rifled Slug Barrel,
Optics= Nikon BDC Reticle
Ammo= Hornady SST

Too many

I have had a love affair going with shotguns for more years than I care to count. I don't think I can count the number of them that have flowed thru my hands. Its also the reason for me taking so long to get around to shooting long range as I do love my shotguns. Got rid of a lot of them so I could start pay for my Long range rifle fantasys.
Arreatta Live bird gun 12 bore SXS
Ugartachea Mod 30 12 bore SXS
Ugartachea Mod 40 EX 20 bore SXS
Browing 425 Sporting 12 Ga 32"
Browning citori lighting 20 Ga O/U
Remington 1100 12 Ga. with 3' and 2 3/4" barrels with standard wood, Fajun wood and synthetic wood. Also have the Hastings Metro barrel for it. This gun does a lot of work for me. Turkeys, Waterfowl, Skeet, Trap. Also has the shorter slug barrel and a B-Square base and Bushnell Holo sight. The gun is like a timex watch.
Single shot ML 12 bore shotgun. Awsome gun to play with. Shoots both roundballs and shot.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.