Looking for my first semi-auto shotgun

Since I have had the V3 Waterfowl Pro, nearly two weeks, I have only been able to put 50 rounds through it, I will say I like it very much, it is pretty light, the trigger pull is 5 to 5.5lbs, the fit and finish is great. I am a lefty, so I moved the safety to fit me, what I have noticed on this V3 version, it has a bigger safety button than normal, when I pull up to shoot, I can feel that button on my finger and causes me to react thinking it is still on safety when it is not. That is about the only thing I can say negative about this shotgun. The shotgun came missing the three shims, as soon as I got home with it, I went online with Remington and opened a chat window, explained the situation and they sent the shims, received them in four days of reporting, that to me is great customer service.

That is interesting about 'feeling' the safety on your finger. I suppose its one of those quirks you get use to over time. I'm glad Remington sent you the shims without any hassles or delays. Odd that they weren't in the box, but stuff happens. I'm glad you are liking it thus far.

That is interesting about 'feeling' the safety on your finger. I suppose its one of those quirks you get use to over time. I'm glad Remington sent you the shims without any hassles or delays. Odd that they weren't in the box, but stuff happens. I'm glad you are liking it thus far.

Yep, feeling that button with my finger on the trigger does cause me to think "Did I not take it off", caused me a few times to double check while the Clay was in the air, it did not cause me to miss, but it did take my thoughts off the target. The old Mossberg Pump has the safety of the top of the receiver, so this is new for me having it next to my finger. This is my first semi and my first with a safety on the trigger guard, so it will take me a little while to get used to it.

I totally get it! I like safeties on top (tang) or in FRONT of the trigger guard, but it seems a lot of manufacturers put it behind the trigger and that's fine...as long as it works and doesn't get in the way. I wonder if there is a smaller version to fit your gun? I just googled and came up with this. Is this how big your safety is?!
upload_2019-7-26_14-32-43.png

I totally get it! I like safeties on top (tang) or in FRONT of the trigger guard, but it seems a lot of manufacturers put it behind the trigger and that's fine...as long as it works and doesn't get in the way. I wonder if there is a smaller version to fit your gun? I just googled and came up with this. Is this how big your safety is?!
View attachment 142831

Yes it is.

Wow. That thing is huge. Someone has to make a more 'normal' size replacement. I wonder if it's the same safety in the 870 and 1100 so you could just put one of those in and 'fix' the issue? That would be nice. If not, dremel is your friend?

You get used to the safety - its nice when using gloves. I went from an 870 to a versa max and it took a little getting used to, but love it now.

If you feel comfortable with a used gun-- a zillon Remington 1100s or 1187s around $500 or so that can be had

Versamax or A Beretta 391 or 390 would do you well also - including the Wallmart version

I have a Benelli. Has a 3 inch chamber it's good for ducks geese and any upland game if you want a 12 guage

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.