Looking for my first semi-auto shotgun

Discussion in 'Shotguns And Shotgunning (NOT Slugs)' started by Kmccord, Apr 13, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Frog4aday

Frog4aday Well-Known Member

Hey Kmccord, I think the V3 is a great choice. Remington has been building shotguns for a LONG time. Their guns tend to 'fit' shooters well. And the recoil of the V3 is soft, which is always a plus. The cerakote will make it forgiving of harsh conditions. It seems you've picked a winner. I hope you come back to update us on how you like it after you get a chance to buy and shoot it a bunch.

I'd like to see Remington come out with a V3 in 20 ga, but they don't seem to be in any hurry to do that. I think it'd be a perfect kid/wife gun with plenty of power but soft recoil.

Kmccord likes this.
  2. cohunt

cohunt Well-Known Member

If you want one now, in stock grab a gun has all 3 model numbers in stock for just under $860 each-- not sure what academy was selling them for but this price seems like a pretty good deal

Frog4aday and Kmccord like this.
  3. Kmccord

Kmccord Well-Known Member

I cannot find all three at Grab a Gun, I only see the two in burnt Bronze.

4. codyadams

codyadams Well-Known Member

My cousin has the Beretta A300 and loves it, however I have no personal experience with it. I personally use a winchester SX-3 waterfowl edition with 28" barrel and in shadow grass blades. HOWEVER if you get this one, you will also want to get a different piston (about $75) as unless my shotgun is very clean and well lubed, it doesn't like to cycle dove loads, as it has the piston for shooting up to 3.5" shells. So if you go SX-3, either get a piston woth the waterfowl gun, or simply get one of the SX-3's that only have a 3" chamber and you will be set. I love my SX-3, in 5 years of hard waterfowl use I have never had a malfunction that wasn't my fault, but for an all around gun the waterfowl model needs the light load piston.

5. cohunt

cohunt Well-Known Member

83435, 83437, & 83439 were showing in stock-- I googled and searched through gun.deals using those 3 manu part numbers
    I just went back and now the 83439 isnt there anymore-- sorry to get your hope's up

Kmccord likes this.