Looking for my first semi-auto shotgun

Hey Kmccord, I think the V3 is a great choice. Remington has been building shotguns for a LONG time. Their guns tend to 'fit' shooters well. And the recoil of the V3 is soft, which is always a plus. The cerakote will make it forgiving of harsh conditions. It seems you've picked a winner. I hope you come back to update us on how you like it after you get a chance to buy and shoot it a bunch.

I'd like to see Remington come out with a V3 in 20 ga, but they don't seem to be in any hurry to do that. I think it'd be a perfect kid/wife gun with plenty of power but soft recoil.

I think I have made my decision on which semi-auto, I will be getting a Remington V3 Waterfowl Pro, this is Remington new Shotgun for 2019. I like the Patriot Brown Cerakote with Realtree Timber. I went to Academy yesterday, they had a lot of shotguns to shoulder, the Remington V3 in Camo felt very nice, the next in line that felt very nice was the Franchi Affinity 3.5, they did not have the Affinity 3. I also shouldered a Stoeger M3000, Beretta A300, Benelli Montefelro and an ATA. They were all nice guns, it came down to a lot of research online, a lot of it was from Randy Wakeman reviews on all the ones I mentioned, except for the ATA. In the end a lot of reviews on the Remington V3 came out as the softest recoil on all of them and a better trigger, the Franchi Affinity shouldered as good and was light to carry, but it came down to recoil and warranty, plus American made that won me over. The V3 Waterfowl Pro has a few more enhancements over the Standard V3, the Pro version has a Hi Vis fiber optic site, which is what I wanted, a more open port for loading, Cerakote receiver and barrel, another item I wanted, the charging handle and receiver button enlarged from the V3, another plus. It will come with shims, three extended chokes, choke wrench and a sling. As of now none of the online retailers have the Patriot Brown Cerakote with Realtree Timber, they mostly are carrying the Burnt Bronze with Realtree Max5 or Blades, the one retailer I did find with it has it as out of stock. I have read Remington produced the Burnt Bronze with Max5 and Blades first and is in the process of starting the Patriot Brown version to get it out to the distributors. I probably will not buy until around July timeframe so that works out for me. I asked Academy when they will be receiving them, but nobody can give me an answer other than check the website on when it is available from there distributors.. I asked if they could order it for me, the answer was it would be a higher price if we ordered it as a specialty item, better to wait until it is available on the website, it would come at a better price. I thought I would update on what I decided, I have been on several forums with people asking for advice and some never acknowledge what they chose, I am always curious as to what they came away with so if anyone out there is like me in that aspect, I have decided on the Remington V3 Waterfowl Pro.
If you want one now, in stock grab a gun has all 3 model numbers in stock for just under $860 each-- not sure what academy was selling them for but this price seems like a pretty good deal

If you want one now, in stock grab a gun has all 3 model numbers in stock for just under $860 each-- not sure what academy was selling them for but this price seems like a pretty good deal

I cannot find all three at Grab a Gun, I only see the two in burnt Bronze.

I am looking at buying my first semi-auto shotgun, I plan to use it for waterfowl and Dove, possibly Turkey. I do not want to pay over 1000.00, I have been looking at Stoeger M3500 and Beretta A300 outlander, I wanted to see if anyone has experience with these two and could possibly provide the good and the bad? Also, if there are any other shotguns someone think are better in the same price range. Thanks.
My cousin has the Beretta A300 and loves it, however I have no personal experience with it. I personally use a winchester SX-3 waterfowl edition with 28" barrel and in shadow grass blades. HOWEVER if you get this one, you will also want to get a different piston (about $75) as unless my shotgun is very clean and well lubed, it doesn't like to cycle dove loads, as it has the piston for shooting up to 3.5" shells. So if you go SX-3, either get a piston woth the waterfowl gun, or simply get one of the SX-3's that only have a 3" chamber and you will be set. I love my SX-3, in 5 years of hard waterfowl use I have never had a malfunction that wasn't my fault, but for an all around gun the waterfowl model needs the light load piston.

Well I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the Remington V3 Waterfowl Pro in Patriot Brown Cerakote and Realtree Timber, it should arrive at the FFL dealer I chose on Monday, can't wait to get it.. Now need to go purchase a box of Clay's and 100 rounds of shells, then see if I can talk the grandson to come over and throw them for me... Thanks everyone that provided information on the various shotguns to consider, it was fun investigating all the different shotguns out there.

I have the SX3, a Baretta A400 Xtreme, and the Beneli Super Vinci. Love the Baretta but that might be slightly out of the price range. I got mine on sale for $1100. It shoulders well after adjusting the stock and is easier on the shoulder than the Benelli. The SX3 shoots well but doesnt top the Baretta. I have had shoulder surgery so the Baretta is nice when shooting magnum loads

You know that the Remington Model #1100 comes in a variety of flavors and Bbl. lengths. You could actually buy a second bbl say for use as a deer rifle(Slug gun) and one bbl. with a vented rib and a modified choke and be ready for just about any hunting situation that will arise. Plus it is made here in the United States ! Remington still makes a quality semi-auto shotgun>
I agree. I have had an 870 with 3 different barrels for 30 yrs. and a Versa max for around 6 years. It shoots anything from mild 2.3/4 in.to max load
3 . 3/2 in. Love it.

I am looking at buying my first semi-auto shotgun, I plan to use it for waterfowl and Dove, possibly Turkey. I do not want to pay over 1000.00, I have been looking at Stoeger M3500 and Beretta A300 outlander, I wanted to see if anyone has experience with these two and could possibly provide the good and the bad? Also, if there are any other shotguns someone think are better in the same price range. Thanks.
Both Benelli and Remington make great semi-auto shotguns. I own both but a prefer the Remington # 1100 semi auto 12 gage shotgun when in the nitty gritty. Why because Remington has an established fan base and is utterly reliable. it also makes a variety of options available to satisfy any ones needs. The only thing that I have replaced is the rubber O ring/seal under the forearm in over 17 years with this weapon. It points just great and shoots the same way. The Benelli would also be a great choice as it is rugged ,reliable ,deadly , accurate, and built very well. Your choice !

Well I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the Remington V3 Waterfowl Pro in Patriot Brown Cerakote and Realtree Timber, it should arrive at the FFL dealer I chose on Monday, can't wait to get it.. Now need to go purchase a box of Clay's and 100 rounds of shells, then see if I can talk the grandson to come over and throw them for me... Thanks everyone that provided information on the various shotguns to consider, it was fun investigating all the different shotguns out there.

Congrats. My cousin has a V3 and I like it. For the right price, I wouldn't hesitate on one. Light enough to carry, pretty soft shooter, I don't have anything bad to say about it. Enjoy.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts