First custom rifle - What trigger weight for a 7mm mag?

Everyone likes what they are used to. Go shoot several hundred rounds at prairie dogs with 2 to 4 oz triggers and you will hate heavy triggers at long range.
Someone will say how about calling coyotes..Big Game, set up for the shot.

all my rifles are between 8oz and 1.5 #. I prefer a crisp 1# trigger for hunting. Try it, you wont go back as others have said.

all my rifles are between 8oz and 1.5 #. I prefer a crisp 1# trigger for hunting. Try it, you wont go back as others have said.
I should add, I do hunt in cold climates and NEVER shoot with a glove on my trigger finger, EVER. I like the glomitts that I cannpoke a bare finger out to run the trigger. And I simply don't put my finger in the trigger guard until I'm ready to roll.

I am running 10-12 oz on a Calvin elite. I use the rifle for hunting, varmiting and range work. As I transitioned the rifle into more of a hunting setup I adjusted the pull up to 1.5 lbs for a bit but I ended up turning it back down. I don't have any reservations about hunting with a trigger that light. All about what you are used to. I do make other people take a few dry fire shots before going hot with it.

At times I will take multiple rifles out. And one thing I have figured out is you better shoot the rifle with the heaviest trigger pull first and work your way down to lighter one. If I try and go back to one with a little bit heavier pull it doesn't work out well. And yes I probably should adjust all of them to be the same. I do like them in that 1.5 range and I never wear gloves when shooting.

I don't have any sub 6 lb combos but...

Browning mountain ti 325 WSM 6 lbs 5 ounces and also in 7mm WSM at 6 lb 13 ounces. Weatherby ultralight in 280 AI at 6 lbs 11 ounces. Savage ultralight in 6.5x284 weighs 6 lbs 12 ounces. Every trigger set to 2.5 lbs plus or minus a hair depending upon grease etc.

Go with a Trigger Tech trigger and I would say somewhere around 2.25 to 2.5 lbs ONLY because you start running 1.5 lb triggers when you have the safety off and eyeing up animals in the scope, it starts getting into the real easy to "accidentally" touch off a shot. When your carrying a 9.5 lb plus gun, then your likely setting it up on a rest and you are in a cautious scenario. Not in the seminopen brush or pushing animals etc.