First custom rifle - What trigger weight for a 7mm mag?

..2-3 lbs if your in cold conditions or with gloves..
I have hunt in what I think is really cold weather. I found that a very light weight wool glove work really good. If they get wet they dry quickly. You have control of of your trigger finger at the sametime. That's in weather -20 or so. That way you don't have to remove the glove.

For a single stage anything over about 2# is going to **** me off, for a two stage 2# total is perfect and up to 2.5# works great for me. I really like singe stages measured in ounces if I have to use one.

I run 10-12 oz. Trigger Tech Diamond. I also take my glove off my trigger hand in cold weather when it's time to shoot.

How light it too light of a trigger for 6lb long range rifle?
Depends on your hunting style. I try to locate what I want pryer to the hunt, then do my best to pattern them. It is extremely unusual when I do not have great rest. Game is almost always unalarmed. Try to be glassing at list 800 yards from what I expect to see. I also like light hunting rifles, with triggers ~ 15oz's. Creating the rest for a stable shot is always the challenge, when you do it hard for the trigger to be too light.