Trigger Weight

WaterFowler

It has been a while since I have been to the range (2 weeks;)) and although I have my trigger set fairly light (2.5 lbs) today I was wishing it was less, alot less.

My question is what do you have your trigger(s) set at?
Also how low can the factory trigger be set (safely) before an aftermarket trigger is needed? -Rem 700-

This rifle spends 90% of its time on the bench shooting paper, so that I am prepared to take long range shots at game.

Thank you.

For hunting rifles, mine are 1.5 to 3 lbs. I have some Remington factory triggers that I can not safely get below 3 lbs. They started out over 5.5 and lots of creep.

You are probably at your safe minimum trigger pull for a 700 trigger without a spring change. I have the trigger on my VSSF II set at 2.75 lbs and think that works well for that particular gun (heavy gun, wide trigger shoe, good palm swell), I also usually only shoot it in warmer weather so the touch isn't a problem.

I have my jewel at 1 lb. in the summer and 1 1/2- 2 lbs. in the winter. In the winter when it's cold and your shivering it's easy to touch off the trigger on accident.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.