finnally took the plunge

bubbadad

Barreled action finally arrived back from ER Shaw. took my mauser 98 action and had them rebarrel it in 6.5 creedmoor .It now has a 26" x 1 1/4" barrel on it. 9Plus pounds of it !!! free floating it in a thumbhole stock that it was glass beded in.Question : i have it where i can slide a dollar bill from action all the way out,going to bed barrel,best tape to use between them when beding? and going to put bipod on it , will that cause interferance with free float?

bubbadad,

With that heavy of a barrel you may wish to fold that dollar bill 5 times or more to allow for forearm flex.

There is no way to have too much air space between barrel channel and barrel channel. However, there can certainly be too little.

I'd also suggest bedding about 4" or so in front of the reciever, that is, 4" or so of the barrel.

That action isn't the most rigid and will have a tendency to flex with a 9# barrel.

Just suggest'n......

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.