Besides the 6.5 prc

For something that gives you consistency in performance, good barrel life even if pushed at times, good selection in reloading supplies and a great time.
6.5 creed
260 Rem
300 Win.
300 Norma Mag

My favorites when shooting steel
300 Norma Mag
375 Snipetac
416 Warner

Iamosoh

I like 338 LM & have 3 & can reload for $1 a rdb using Lapua brass & bullets but only because I bought a guy out with 2000 bullets, dies, brass, etc for 1/2 price.

It's amazing what a person can pick 338LM - Lapua brass up for now on Midway compared to what I paid years ago.
I see a flyer out again for like $79.00? If my memory serves me right for a 100 pieces.

Iamosoh

That benchrest shooting video...***? How does that guy even get his sight picture back in his eyeball through the scope with as fast as he is shooting??? That is ridiculous! I would never want to be part of a sport that made me shoot a rifle that fast. Part of the beauty of shooting to me is the positioning and the breathing and the trigger squeeze and all of the little details that go into making a good shot. This guy is just slangin' it down range LOL.

You don't go to br guys about bipod shooting form :) They definitely show accurate cartridges and reloading practices

For something that gives you consistency in performance, good barrel life even if pushed at times, good selection in reloading supplies and a great time.
6.5 creed
260 Rem
300 Win.
300 Norma Mag

My favorites when shooting steel
300 Norma Mag
375 Snipetac
416 Warner

Iamosoh
When I was having my .308 built my gunsmith suggested I go to a 260 or 6.5 saum... I should of listened I sold my .308 Thank you!

the why do they not show up at matches in the real world....1000 yd br...no 223's.
6 rule 1000 but not at one mile .
post some real world match results
No humor, just real world experience. I've shot to 1 mile and beyond with cartridges ranging from .223 up to 50 BMG, including a handful of specialty pistols. The medium 6mm and 6.5s are absolutely capable shooting to a mile with good results.

that is a rail gun. one of 4 classes. yep they do not move much, I have seen 10 shots in 12 seconds, (there is a vid floating around somewhere). the other three classes are more like rifles,BUT they sit on front and rear rests, not prone nor position shooting.
it is not hunting related in the least.

to each their own

That benchrest shooting video...***? How does that guy even get his sight picture back in his eyeball through the scope with as fast as he is shooting??? That is ridiculous! I would never want to be part of a sport that made me shoot a rifle that fast. Part of the beauty of shooting to me is the positioning and the breathing and the trigger squeeze and all of the little details that go into making a good shot. This guy is just slangin' it down range LOL.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.