Finding the perfect bolt action 22 cal.

You asked, I answered. Now you can help yourself. Dont know the price? Pick up the phone or send an email, since you already know who make them.

I dont have anything to do with Lawton, so you are only alienating yourself.

My first day here and I already met the biggest Smart*** on the board. Just my luck.

I ended up getting the mkII. Its just what i was looking for. The gun shoots very well. I am obsessed with it. I'm sorry guys but I know this was a loaded question. But I just thought I'd ask. And I'm glad i did. I 've learned so much from this site it is unbelievable.

I ended up getting the mkII. Its just what i was looking for. The gun shoots very well. I am obsessed with it. I'm sorry guys but I know this was a loaded question. But I just thought I'd ask. And I'm glad i did. I 've learned so much from this site it is unbelievable.

Ha, you CZ guys! :D Just kidding, I know they are good firearms. I do have a MKII and the thing is crazy accurate. Good luck with yours and let us know how it goes.

Tank

I saw that Stiller also has a RF action.

I want to eventually do up a RF with a Stiller action one of these days.

I want a repeater bolt action.

I seem to remember Stiller either having a repeater or would be coming out with one.

The bottom metal might be the snag.

That would truly be heirloom material with the right stock and barrel.....

Stiller currently has a single shot action that will drop in to any Rem700 inletted stock. They are very close to releasing their repeater. They have solved the whole magazine/bottom metal issue. Once the repeater is released, Thoroughbred Rifles will begin prototyping to determine the optimum barrel and stock configuration. I think we will be able to take one of our centerfire barreled actions out of the stock and drop a rimfire barreled action right in. Stiller's precision is awesome. We regularly move barreled actions between bedded stocks with zero impact on accuracy. Stay tuned.

Dale

I don't have experience with the others, but Anschutz is #1.

I'm also surprised nobody mentioned Cooper. They make a great 22. Very accurate.

Very curious to hear about stillers 22. Is this something that is coming in the near future? If so how $$$

I have been interested in buying a 22. I know there are several companies that make them. I am looking for the most accurate up to 100 yards more or less. I heard that the CZ is pretty accurate, just trying to see if there is anything else. Thanks
Hands down CZ is where I'd go. I own more CZ rifles and shotguns than I'd like to say in public and without a doubt they are the best out of the box shooters I've had my hands on.

I know i started this thread for another 22 but, i also picked up the new savage fvsr 22 lr. I opened up the box and it was exactly how i pictured it. It has a threaded barrel for future surpressor,accutrigger,fluted bull barrel. I shot it today for the first time at 25 yds free handed and could hit a quarter no problem. Probably go tommorow and put it on a rest and see what it can do. As of now this the best 22 all around even price.

I have been interested in buying a 22. I know there are several companies that make them. I am looking for the most accurate up to 100 yards more or less. I heard that the CZ is pretty accurate, just trying to see if there is anything else. Thanks

If you have a big wallet for little caliber guns, the Anschutz bolt action .22 or 17 is a tack driver beyond comparison.

Volquartsen Precision Machining also makes some ultra accurate 22's, again big wallet rifles.

I've seen the Anschutz at 50 yards put 5 in one hole from the bench.

I know i started this thread for another 22 but, i also picked up the new savage fvsr 22 lr. I opened up the box and it was exactly how i pictured it. It has a threaded barrel for future surpressor,accutrigger,fluted bull barrel. I shot it today for the first time at 25 yds free handed and could hit a quarter no problem. Probably go tommorow and put it on a rest and see what it can do. As of now this the best 22 all around even price.

Did you buy locally or online? Who from if online. PM if necessary. Thanks.

I picked up my Anshutz for a bargain used. It shoots better than me any day of the week. Those triggers are awesome and the action is smooth.

Scan10030.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.