Felt this on my face….

Here's a photo of some brass after I "cleaned" it. The primer pockets are dirty because I tumble it with the primer in. I hate digging the media out of the flash holes. If I'm getting close to killing my self, someone let me know. View attachment 365194
I'm telling you, quit psyching yourself out. ITS THE PRIMERS! Change to federal or tula or CCI or anything work back up to your accuracy node and all will be well. I've had this happen with the same batch of primers in 264WM, 7mm Rem Mag, 9.3x62 etc none of which were over max. I switched primers went back to the same speed and it never showed itself again. Your bolt face looks fine, your fired brass looks okay. I have relegated my WLR primers to lower pressure cartridges (45-70, 30-30, 300 Savage, etc).

on second thought, maybe winchester would send me some primers if I called them.

I'm telling you, quit psyching yourself out. ITS THE PRIMERS! Change to federal or tula or CCI or anything work back up to your accuracy node and all will be well. I've had this happen with the same batch of primers in 264WM, 7mm Rem Mag, 9.3x62 etc none of which were over max. I switched primers went back to the same speed and it never showed itself again. Your bolt face looks fine, your fired brass looks okay. I have relegated my WLR primers to lower pressure cartridges (45-70, 30-30, 300 Savage, etc).

on second thought, maybe winchester would send me some primers if I called them.

Whats good about ejector marks and smears on the bottom of the brass? I agree he should switch primers but he's over pressure also. Some of the primers are also cratered. Anyways… use CCI or Federal primers. Also
Probably don't need magnum primers with H4831SC.

A catered primer is NOT an indication of high pressure IF there are no flat primers to go along with it.
The cratering in this instance is mechanical…from the bevel around the firing pin hole.
Also, an ejector mark is NOT always a sign of excessive pressure. It may be the springs under those duel ejectors are quite firm and the headspace may be a little larger on the first firing.
I see no indication of excessive pressure on that brass….the primer pockets are staying tight, 4 firings in that brass says so.
Hornady brass is softer than others, this also contributed to the ejector marks which are very faint looking to me.
As I stated, the primer is what failed, not the brass or rifle system.

Cheers.

Dang. After reading this thread I went upstairs and put my 300 WLRM primers at the bottom of my primer drawer. Will use the 400 Federals first. The Federals should last me a few years at the rate I shoot mag loads.

☝️