Feed Back on .338 300gr OTMs on Elk

Don't shoot them through the shoulder, problem solved!
We killed truck loaded of elk with RUMs and 300's at the same velocity and never had one not exit from 300-1300 yards, never shot one twice never had one pencil.
Amen to that!! Don't want meat loss shoot them behind the fronts not on the fronts:)

I didn't read all the posts, so sorry if I'm late. Just wanted to share that I shoot a 338-378 with 275 grain Parker bullets. They are expensive but do good on elk. Parker production Inc is website. If you need or wanna try some I could spare a few.

Sounds like PERFECT performance. Why would you change? DRT is the goal, right?

Or would you rather track the blood trail from an exit for a hundred yards or more?
This is my thinking. Almost every big game animal I shoot I go for shoulder (at least one). My average shot on elk is likely over 600 yards and mostly cross canyon or ravine, none on flat easily traversed terrain. I want to anchor them as fast as possible. Some places I've been an animal that runs can turn a tough pack-out into a seemingly impossible feat. Or if you've ever lost an animal due to it running (though impact was seen behind shoulder with red rose of death visible) a distance and being stolen or lost in a small river 😳, you'd want them DRT too. I've shot one bull with a 300 grain Berger, broadside lungs at 40 yards from a .338 RUM, it was already hit (a little back) by another rifle. I swear (jokingly) that it just looked over at me like "Really?!" and turned and started walking away.
I didn't read all the posts, so sorry if I'm late. Just wanted to share that I shoot a 338-378 with 275 grain Parker bullets. They are expensive but do good on elk. Parker production Inc is website. If you need or wanna try some I could spare a few.
The Parker bullets look to be the same swagged rebated boattail design as the Chinchaga and Rock Mountain bullets. I'd bet they use the same jackets and perform the same externally and internally. I'd also bet the advertised BC is a little on the high side, but they are great for longer range kills. My .375 loved the Chinchagas (sold it) and my .338 loves them. If I had a better supply I'd have used them for elk this year. Instead I used the old trusty 300 grain MatchKings, with stellar performance as usual. 😁