Federal 215 vs cci 250

I test with all brands available. There is always a clear winner….however, in an off the shelf hunting rifle that is not tuned, it may make little to no difference, trying doesn't hurt though.

Cheers.

has anybody messed with these two primers and seen which one performed better in es and accuracy thanks everybody
I have tried both and my 338 Lapua and both were very accurate not much difference there but I did get about 30 more feet per second with the federal primer In the same load

For three decades I used nothing but 215's in anything that burned more than 80 grains of powder. I was recently fighting ES issues in my 338 Lapua improved- and on a recommendation from a world record bench-rest shooter tried some 210's. My ES went from 30-ish FPS to low single digits. I also tried rem 9.5's and 250's, but the 210's were the best.

The only caveat is whether I will have ignition issues relying on the 210's to ignite 98 grains of H1000 when the temps are in the 20's, I doubt I will, but don't know for sure.

John