Favorite triggers for Rem 700s

Jewel are nice, but I have seen some issues with them not being great with dirt/grime. Pretty hard to beat a timney CE. That's what I run in all my guns, factory rem, custom, and the t3 trigger in my tikkas.

Another vote for Triggertech. I have 1 Diamond and 3 Specials in Rem 700 and 2 Diamonds in AR platforms. Adjustments are simple and easy to access.

I've got several several jewels and love them. But I've never had a trigger tech. I prefer curved triggers.

I put my first aftermarket trigger on a model 700 308 build I am doing this year and it is a Timney. So far I like it alot but doesn't say much considering the factory trigger was horrible. That said I would buy another one.

I've had Timneys in all my bolt guns until I decided to try a Trigger Tech. I have sold two of my three Timneys in my R700's and replaced them with Trigger Tech triggers and if/when they decide to make triggers for my other bolt guns, I'll sell those Timneys for Trigger Techs too

I like the Jewell a lot although many will say Trigger Tech I've heard the T T has had some issues lately. Timney Calvin Elite is nice too
I've heard that trigger tech has had issues also. I don't need trigger issues on any rifle at all but especially I don't need trigger issues on a hunting rifle.

I've had Timneys in all my bolt guns until I decided to try a Trigger Tech. I have sold two of my three Timneys in my R700's and replaced them with Trigger Tech triggers and if/when they decide to make triggers for my other bolt guns, I'll sell those Timneys for Trigger Techs too
I have some Timneys but no TT. What is it that you like about the TT that you find superior to the Timney. TKS

Recently saw a post on here where a trigger tech would fire when the bolt was slammed. I'm curious if this is the issue that has been heard of or if there have been multiple cases that I'm not aware of. I run my diamonds at 14oz on 3 different rifles and have never had an issue.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.