Favorite shotgun

Interested in hearing everyone's favorite shotgun. Manufacture, model and gauge.
Since my gun dog has developed some health issues I didn't get out with my scatter gun last year and probably won't until she passes and I decide to get another.
My favorite shotgun depends on what and where I am hunting but my absolute favorite is my Franchi AL 48 in 20 gauge.
Looking forward to hearing your favorite.
I am old, so I have had several different shotguns over the years. My first shotgun, which not only brings back a lot of memories, and I still have to this day is a Stevens model 87A 20 ga with a modified choke that my Dad gave me when I was 12 years old. After several hunts with him and some uncles, mostly for bunnies and pheasants, them teaching me both how to shoot a shotgun as well as move through the woods and fields and hunt alone or in groups I was allowed to go out and hunt on my own, pretty much to my Mother's chagrin. (Girls don't do things like that). As I look back, now as a seasoned Hunter Safety Instructor I realize that they all were all very safety conscious and ethical hunters. They taught me well. I actually still have that shotgun, although it is not in shoot-able condition, the box magazine fell apart then the stock cracked out at the recoil lug. Anyway it holds a spot near and dear to my heart. As for my favorite it has to be my current shotgun, a Remington 11/87 Premier in 12 ga 3 inch mag. I am primarily a rifle and pistol person and only a fair to middling shotgun person, that is after getting this shotgun. Prior to that the shotguns I had and I did not see eye to eye and I considered myself a very poor shotgun shooter. After the 11-87 my shooting improved tremendously to the point where these days, Turkeys, Geese and Trap Birds tremor in their boots (well if they had boots) when I head out into the woods and fields. I have even managed to shoot a few straight 25's during Trap. It's not fancy, mostly has an extra full choke in it and we get along well. I guess that makes it my favorite. :)

This is a bit off of the subject here but as I go through all of these posts I can't help but notice that out of the 17 currently listed there are only 5, including myself that are LRH Supporters. It doesn't really take a lot to be a supporter, a few bucks here and there to help defray the costs of keeping this BLOG alive. I worked in IT for many years and know the price of the servers not to mention something that most don't think of, the cost of electricity, servers can be notorious power hogs, as well as the the time spent with admin duties to keep things running smoothly. So all of you out there with all your fancy firearms, loading equipment, expensive cases, primers, powder, bullets and shot why not kick in a few bucks to help defray the cost of keeping things running. I am sure that Len will appreciate the assistance and it will ensure that we always have this BLOG to come to so we can post our adventures, conquests as well as issues asking the others for help with an issue.

Teri Anne

In 1975 I inherited a 1963 Belgium made Browning A5 sweet sixteen with ribbed barrel and gold trigger. It is the best shooting gun I have ever owned, very balanced. Love this gun and it will forever stay in my family.
I also inherited a Sam Holt double barrel 12 with 30 inch barrels and rabbit ear hammers.
I always looked at the Sweet 16 with awe, not so much for it's shoot-ability since I've never shot one, but for it's intrinsic beauty. However the checkbook always said, look don't buy. That is a lot of ammo. Doesn't matter, I can still lust for on with my heart while my brain and pocketbook says no. 😊

Only interested in HD/SD with my own buckshot loads, Beretta 1301 Comp 21 (12ga).

beretta 1301 comp 21.jpg

I can appreciate almost any good shotgun and I have several, the last one I would part with is my grandmothers old Savage 219 single shot hammerless 20 gauge. I've always had a soft spot for the Model 12, especially the prewar guns and just acquired a 1937 20 gauge that I'm looking forward to getting in the field.

Hunted pen raised quail one time a few years back after growing up on wild birds in south Alabama and then experiencing a once in a lifetime bonanza in Missouri in the 70`s while stationed there with the Army. No more pen raised for me, thanks.

Sadly the wild birds are all but gone in this area of Missouri now, Round up, fescue and nest predators have done them in. I remember when I could go out after school in the '60s and '70s and sometimes flush 4 or 5 big coveys in a couple of hours. I wouldn't even bother working the singles, just call the dog and go after another covey.

The early 16 gauge 870 corncob Wingmasters are my favorite. The reason I use a general statement pertaining to my favorite shotgun is the fact I have four of them and rotate according to choke needed to get the job done. I have a pair of 1950's in modified and full choke that have serial numbered barrels to the receivers. Then there are a pair of IC's, one a 1951 and the "newer" one made in 1953. I love the Wingmasters of this era. My son has my Father's deluxe that he purchased in 1953 as well as duplicate of that shotgun, both 16 gauges.

Gotta say I'm pretty attached to my 870 super mag 12ga. It's been a great all around shotgun for me from clays to ducks and turkeys. It also happens to be the first shotgun I ever owned for hunting. But... the most enjoyable shotgun I have shot is my Franchi instinct LX 20ga freaking luv that gun and looks good too!

Hey, my vote is for the 1100. My Dad had one, it was the only shotgun he owned. He would shoot trap and skeet and smoke guys with expensive guns built for those sports. So it was the first shotgun I bought and I still have it. It was my only shotgun for a long time. I've never had a single malfunction of any kind with mine.
Take Care
I know what you mean. My 1100 was 40 years old before I replaced the orings. (They still worked fine. I just thought that being so old....) This beautiful & cherished old sentimental shotgun is still a workhorse.