favorite deer caliber

While I own and use numerous calibers/rifles/handguns for hunting, decades ago and following family advise and tradition, it was the 30-06, but I went a different route in loads by using the 165 GK-BTSP and also its HP version. Then I went to 270W using 130-140 BTSP, and a few years later after buying a 243 for my then young son, I found myself enjoying a killing a lot of deer with 243's and 6mm Rems along with the later 6mmRemAI. About 30 years ago, I purchased a 25-06 and immediately fell in love with the caliber.

Many years later and after purchasing and building many more rifles suitable for deer and other, today for deer, I find myself bringing out the 6mm's and 25-06 more than anything else. There have been several very effective loads in each, but lately, I tend to stick with Nosler AB's and Barnes TTSX's.
Your so Right on the Money Brother !! 25-06 is so over looked , Round.

A lot to like about so many! For many years it was the 270 win with 130 SGK's. Was a long happy streak that I may circle back to some day. Last couple years its been a 6.5 Sherman and a 6.5-06. The Sherman is shooting 124 HH's and the 6.5-06 110 HH's. Both seem to fit the nitch and check all the boxes real well.

I have used the 30-06, with a 150 grain hornady. Then got the fever for a 270 with 130 grain ballistic tips. Both were deer killing machines. Then bought a 260 rem, when they came out in a remington model 7. With the 120 grain nosler ballistic tips. It has killed more deer than all my other rifles totally. It will be in my estate sale. It and i have bonded for life.

6.5×55 Swede (Ruger #1A & Howa 1500) with either 125 Partition or 129 SST, although I have been shooting a Kimber 243 with 100gr Grand Slams lately that is oh so sweet.

30-30 Marlin - scoped, exorcized, loved. Covers 90% of my whitetail hunts.
308 after that.
I have a 300WM, but it ain't for shootin', it just for looking at.

Hands down my 7mm rem mag. Mainly 35 years hunting with it and never has it failed to drop them quick, except when I screwed up. I have new AR-10 that I built in 7mm-08 a tack driver. Built as new deer rifle. Yet first gun I grab when heading out for meat old 7 mag. Feel guilty if do not take old gal out first and last hunt of the season. The only gun close would be my knight muzzle loader and been using that 28 years.