What is everyone favorite caliber for deer?

I've taken the most deer and antelope with my 264 Win Mag, but that's mostly mountain and plains. Brush and thicket will be my 30-30 or short barrelled 308.

308 is my deer round. Use it for wild boar as well, but my preference is for deer. Started my son on the 6.5 CM, but will move to a 7-08 for sure. Fit for purpose.

Deer are relatively easy to put down, I've killed them with everything from a 243 to a .338 WM, all of which worked just fine. I've probably hunted more with a little Rem 788, 308 over my shoulder than any other but my Win 70, .270 is always going to be one of my favorites just because it's so accurate and so far anyone who has pointed this rifle at deer have been able kill them quickly, thus it's the only rifle I own that I've named: Excaliber (yah, I know, it's spelled wrong... my rifle, my spelling!). All of my rifles, for what it's worth, shoot Nosler Partitions quite well (I sold those that wouldn't!) and these are the only bullets I've ever used for big game (they work, they shoot, why change?).
Cheers,
crkckr

Suppose it depend on the deer species and where you hunt.

Deer
Deer are the hoofed ruminant mammals forming the family Cervidae. The two main groups of deer are the Cervinae, including the muntjac, the elk, the fallow deer, and the chital; and the Capreolinae, including the reindeer, the roe deer, and the moose.Wikipedia
.257 Wby

Here in Montana the Muley bucks get real big so I mostly use 300 win mag but I own many others that would work also.
Southern white tail deer and I have taken were with many various calibers that others have mentioned so no need to go over those.
Pick a caliber you like,scope it and go hunting!
Old Rooster

The first criterion is an accurate rifle shooting a deep-penetrating bullet,
the second is a bore size from .243 to .338,
and the third is enough powder capacity to make 400 yard shots relatively flat and easy.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.