What is everyone favorite caliber for deer?

6.5-300 BEE

Suppose it depend on the deer species and where you hunt.

Deer
Deer are the hoofed ruminant mammals forming the family Cervidae. The two main groups of deer are the Cervinae, including the muntjac, the elk, the fallow deer, and the chital; and the Capreolinae, including the reindeer, the roe deer, and the moose.Wikipedia

Dialing Long Distance

LRH Team Member
I love my Ruger M77 in 7mm Rem Mag. Ive had it since 1993, and it's killed everything I've hit with it. I've taken a few with the Creedmoor and Rem 260 too, and between those, I'd prefer my 260. Those are both real good rounds also, but man, my 7 Mag has been my faithful friend for quite a while.

d500lnn

It’s more the rifles than the round they are chambered.
1) Custom 7-08 or Mod 7 KS 7-08
2) 75 Finnlight 243
3) Mod 7 MS 308

6.5 is easily in the mix, just don’t use them as often. Have 2 very nice creeds.

460 magnum

Idk if any one has said it yet but 20 gauge being that I'm from IL and have no options other than a muzzle loader. Savage makes the best shooting slug gun I've ever held. farthest kill was at 250 last year. The deer stumbled about 60 yards and fell dead.

Blueridgeguy

I’ve used a lot of calibers to take deer as well as archery and muzzle loaders. For rifle hunting it’s hard to beat a 270 Winchester

Brian Berg

Been using a 270 for the last few years but I recently went out and picked up a 25-06. I can't wait to try it out on something other than paper.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce