Favorite caliber for Long range shooting?

They ( Factory Horn. 140 gr., Precision Match ) also seems to be Winning MOST of the Time at, Texas Plinking, 1,000 Yard, Steel Challenge, on YouTube and it's,.. Fun, to Watch ! One young Gal, in Session #3, named Courtney, Won with, 143 gr. Horn, ELD-X's !

Great YouTube channel to watch I love how far he's come. I also really like his challenge he's been doing. It inspired me to get back into long range. New dream build is an AI of some sort.

Great YouTube channel to watch I love how far he's come. I also really like his challenge he's been doing. It inspired me to get back into long range. New dream build is an AI of some sort.
Lots of guys, on Accurate Shooter have Built, .260 Ackley's and really,.. Like them !
140's going, 2,900to 3,000 FPS and, Lapua Brass !

7mm anything is my preference, but I am thinking about a 6mm Creedmoor or 6mm GT for lighter shooting practice. I am rebuilding a Savage 7mm-08 for that, but these 6's are starting to call my name. I am going to finish one project (okay 2, i have a 33 Nosler to build too), before I add anymore. :cool:

It's not a hunting caliber but for long range shooting? 50 BMG all day and twice on Sunday. Nothing provides smiles like a Barrett on a bipod!

It's not a hunting caliber but for long range shooting? 50 BMG all day and twice on Sunday. Nothing provides smiles like a Barrett on a bipod!
Unless you're shooting off the bench next door, and especially if the 50 has a muzzle brake! I was once shooting off the bench next to a braked .300 win mag, and the blast was blowing stuff off my bench. Imagine what a braked 50 BMG would do!!

Unless you're shooting off the bench next door, and especially if the 50 has a muzzle brake! I was once shooting off the bench next to a braked .300 win mag, and the blast was blowing stuff off my bench. Imagine what a braked 50 BMG would do!!
I was at least 40ft or more from a guy shooting a braked 50 BMG and could feel the concussion hitting my body. I ended up going to the truck until he was done. I will never forget that experience.

I know what cheytac based cartridges do. I don't really see the appeal of the 50 when there are better choices for ELR.

What's everyone favorite long range shooting caliber primarily for some long range courses. Keeping in mind ammo availability and price. Thank you
My competition caliber which is out to a 1,000. When I really want to shoot far but not fast I'll shoot my 6.5 prc with Berger's 156/153.5 and my 28 Nosler with Berger's 180/190's . Both are pretty "easy" out too a mile. I have had first round impacts with my 28 at 1960 and then hit 3 out of 5, 36" targets at a mile and the 1960.