Favorite 44m scope 500 yards

I also just picked up the same Strike Eagle in MRAD and am super happy with it. I had a Swarovski with a fixed turret BDC reticle and it compares for clarity. A little heavier of course. For hunting, maintaining site picture, and reading mirage you don't need much more than 15 or 18 power (per Kleckner/Gunwerks advice). I would suggest that you put the same scope on all your rifles. That way when you switch you don't have to think. Use them all the same.

Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44 or Leupold Mk5HD 3.6-18x44. The street price on the Zeiss is about 900 bones, the Leupolds are pulling about double that.

Crazy seeing all the answers. I shoot f- class 600 yrd matches . I personally like the Meopta R1 4x16x44 Sfp .
I have an optika 6 3-18 that I'm very pleased with so far. I can't speak to it's toughness, but so far tracking has been solid. The view is way above it's price range. Having a 6.5 PRC put together and plan to mount the Optika 6 on it. Hopefully get a lot more volume and use over the summer.

I'm with huntsman22. I feel BUSHNELL Elite scope are not only very good quality scopes but are priced very reasonably for the quality and features they offer.
Pictured is my (now out of production) BUSHNELL Elite 4.5 - 18 x 44 with G3 illuminated reticle. It sits in matching Talley rings on my 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro. Great combination for long range hunting here in Nevada.
(Knife is a HELLE GT from Norway.)
RIFLE.jpeg

Leupold VX5HD ZL2 Firedot Reticle 3-15x44 is my favorite.

Very close is my VX6 (not HD) 3-18x44.

The majority of my other scopes are 50mm because I'm old and need every optical advantage possible.

I have really liked the Zeiss HD 3x15 with the target turrets.Cuurrently have 3 of them and a 5x25 and have been hunted from minus 15 up to 90 degrees and have been flawless. If you watch the classifieds you can find them under $700.Send Kenton the info on load and you should be stoked

Whats your favorite hunting scope 44mm objective out to 500 yards. I am currently trying the new Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18x44 FFP 34mm scope. So far it seems good nedd to get more rounds under this scope. Currently on a 6mm Arc but may change soon. As i have a 300 Prc, 7 Prc, 270, 308, 6XC, 22XC bolts. 6mm Arc and 223 Ar-15's. Most of my big power scopes are Riton X5 5-25x50 and a Riton rt-s 7 made in japan 5-25x56. And running Swfa 10x42, 12x42 and a 16x42. I try to stay under 1k. If the new arken epl4 4-16x44 wasnt on a 6-8 week backorder i would give it a chance. Thoughts, comments?
Just got a note today that Arken is shipping out my 4x16x44. Hope this helps you!

I just purchased this "like new" VX-5HD firedot taking a bit of a gamble with Eurooptics and it paid off. This was brand new in the box with factory cellophane still on. Couldn't be happier. I was looking to stay under $1K as well. Not sure if they still have the deal or not.

Attachments

• 542F4995-C5EF-4234-A254-0FCEDC2BCE19.jpeg
    542F4995-C5EF-4234-A254-0FCEDC2BCE19.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 62
If the new arken epl4 4-16x44 wasnt on a 6-8 week backorder i would give it a chance. Thoughts, comments?
For the new light arken i've been waiting since the first part of November, and all they keep telling me is they're having backlog issues. I canceled my order and they asked me to wait a little bit more and I told them no.

Just mounted this to a new .280AI build I just got back from my gunsmith.

Leupold VX-5HD CDS-ZL2 3-15x 44mm Rifle Scope - Wind-Plex

I like the glass a lot. I mounted it to my 7mm mag last season and took it to a 1,000 yd + range. No problems with the glass. Quite a nice jump from a VXIII with a 50mm.