Rapid Z accuracy beyond 500 yards?

MOJO67

Anyone have experience with the Zeiss Rapid Z-800 reticle beyond 500 yards? If so, can you share your opinion?

Thanks

I have the Zeiss Victory Diavari 4-16x50_30mm on my 338WM and in summer of 2012 mine was spot on at 93 deg and 500+- ft Elevation in SC at 500 and 600 yds. This year in CO at 40 degrees, 9,000 ft and 402 yds I was able to test my EXL Sheet and scope while laying over my back pack on a log. All 3 were 1" high and at 9, 12 & 3 o-clock. Would have been DRT on any ELK. I seldom ever get to shoot past 100 yd at range.gun)

Which scope and on what rifle are you using?

Thanks for the input. I have a Conquest 4.5-14x44. It will be installed on a 6mm-06 i'm having built.The numbers on the Zeiss calculator seem to match up perfectly with the loads I plan to use.

The trick is not getting the reticle to be accurate at one range, but at all ranges. Typically, when all the short range hold-off marks are accurate the last few marks are not.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.