Favorite 44m scope 500 yards

I have 2 Leopold 3-15x44 30mm they are cds and one of which has the fire dot reticle. I actually like the firedot option the best. The first us on a savage lightweight hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor and the latter is on a custom Swedish Mauser I built for my now 88yr old dad (as of Saturday) I gifted it to him several years ago and he recently gave it back to him. Sorry I'm a bit emotional even talking about it. I love him dearly.

Attachments

• 20230315_183051.jpg
    20230315_183051.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 60
  • 20230315_183209.jpg
    20230315_183209.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
I just got the new strike eagle 3-18 34mm.
I like it so far, it checks all the boxes for a hunting/shooting scope.
Illumination
Capped windage
Light weight
Nice usable reticle.
Glass works well in that configuration.
I think it's a winner so far.
Out to 500 yards, I'd just pick a reticle I liked and send it.
Man I've been eyeing that strike eagle. Looked at the next size up un the gunshop, compared it to several others and I like eveything about it. Forgiving eyebox and doesn't fog up at higher mags. Locking elevation turret. The only question is how the zero stop works? Not sure.

Havent had a chance to check out the 3-18 in person.

Do you own one of these? How does it tract and hold zero? I don't know why there isn't more of these out there to tell you the truth. I also think trijicon is another that people over look. I know tangeta theta, zco are some amazing scopes for tracking durability and return to zero and glass but they are very expensive.
I do have one on my 260 Remington. Holds zero just fine, put it on two years ago, probably shot the rifle 200 times since, and it's still dead-on zeroed at 200 yds. As far as tracking I don't know, I don't spin dials, I just zero the scope and use the MOA reticle for windage and elevation, and sneak closer if I have more than a 600 yd shot (I know...not long range hunting). It really works good at dusk or first light as its got good light gathering.

Finally got my Arken epl4 4-16x44 mil in today from camera land and wow. Im very impressed with the glass even up to 16 power. Will get a better review once i get it on a rifle. Eyebox is pretty easy to find and not too bad.

Finally got my Arken epl4 4-16x44 mil in today from camera land and wow. Im very impressed with the glass even up to 16 power. Will get a better review once i get it on a rifle. Eyebox is pretty easy to find and not too bad.
806guns,
Could you give us an update on the Arken EPL4 4-16X44?

Eye box
Tracking
Glass clarity 4 to 16 power
Dusk and dawn performance
Any glass issues
Illumination day light bright?
Any comments you would like to share or comparisons.
I am very interested in this optic for hunting.
I have couple of Bushnell Nitro's SFP, interested in a FFP scope to try.

Thanks
CJC

806guns,
Could you give us an update on the Arken EPL4 4-16X44?

Eye box
Tracking
Glass clarity 4 to 16 power
Dusk and dawn performance
Any glass issues
Illumination day light bright?
Any comments you would like to share or comparisons.
I am very interested in this optic for hunting.
I have couple of Bushnell Nitro's SFP, interested in a FFP scope to try.

Thanks
CJC
Sold it went with a Riton 5 primal 2-12x44 glass is clearer reticle fits much better than Arken. Something about Arken reticles my eyes hate. Too thin and not my cup of tea.

Whats your favorite hunting scope 44mm objective out to 500 yards. I am currently trying the new Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18x44 FFP 34mm scope. So far it seems good nedd to get more rounds under this scope. Currently on a 6mm Arc but may change soon. As i have a 300 Prc, 7 Prc, 270, 308, 6XC, 22XC bolts. 6mm Arc and 223 Ar-15's. Most of my big power scopes are Riton X5 5-25x50 and a Riton rt-s 7 made in japan 5-25x56. And running Swfa 10x42, 12x42 and a 16x42. I try to stay under 1k. If the new arken epl4 4-16x44 wasnt on a 6-8 week backorder i would give it a chance. Thoughts, comments?
I really like my Zeiss Conquest. I have both the 4.5-14 and the 3.5-10. Great clarity!

Hi ,I Just mounted a new Leupold VX5 in 3X to 15 X with a 30mm main tube and lighted reticle, Zero Stop. on my Weatherby Ultra-Light , in 270 Win. Its on Leupold Standard Steel Bases and Medium 30mm Steel Leupold Rings. Sighted it on Monday at 100 yds and tomorrow will shoot it at 300 yds . So far so good!!

Attachments

• IMG_4132 NEW LEUPOLD SCOPE VX5.jpg
    IMG_4132 NEW LEUPOLD SCOPE VX5.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4133 NEW LEUPOLD SCOPE PIC 1.jpg
    IMG_4133 NEW LEUPOLD SCOPE PIC 1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
Hi ,I Just mounted a new Leupold VX5 in 3X to 15 X with a 30mm main tube and lighted reticle, Zero Stop. on my Weatherby Ultra-Light , in 270 Win. Its on Leupold Standard Steel Bases and Medium 30mm Steel Leupold Rings. Sighted it on Monday at 100 yds and tomorrow will shoot it at 300 yds . So far so good!!
I agree.