Fair price for reloading?

I have been reloading for a couple buddies that recently had custom rifles built. They are paying for all of the components themselves and I basically just have my time in it. I also will take the rifles out and shoot them when doing load development. I'm not trying to make a bunch of money off them but they have insisted on paying and I would like to know if anyone has done something similar and what you charged/how you came up with your price. Appreciate any insight.
I have done the exact same thing. And the best way I could calculate it was a hourly price for R&D and a price per bullet after.

I have been reloading for a couple buddies that recently had custom rifles built. They are paying for all of the components themselves and I basically just have my time in it. I also will take the rifles out and shoot them when doing load development. I'm not trying to make a bunch of money off them but they have insisted on paying and I would like to know if anyone has done something similar and what you charged/how you came up with your price. Appreciate any insight.
BEER

I charge 25% of components, I have most calibers that I custom load for. If my friends bring 100 bullets, 100 primers, 100 brass, and a lb of powder I get 1/4, except powder, I only take 1/4 more than I drop.

One thing that you have to consider is the liability involved in reloading cartridges for someone else. Friends or not friends. If there is a malfunction on the rifle/pistol and damage to the firearm who is going to get the blame? God forbid any injury to a person. When it comes to money and injury the friendship usually goes away. Whether you get paid for it or not. Also if you are taking money you are considered a professional.
This subject was brought up discussed several times on LRH.
I have been reloading for many years and won't give out any of my reloads also won't accept any reloads from other reloaders. I have helped friends start reloading, but they do the actual reloads with their components and equipment.
You have no idea the liability you are opening up yourself to. I have to pay an extra charge on my business to cover this exact thing. Your buddies may be fine with it, but I guarantee their, wives, moms and dads will want answers if something goes wrong. Just something to think about.

If you are manufacturing (reloading is "manufacturing") ammunition for sale (taking money is "selling"), you are required to have a 06 FFL. If it's something you are doing low scale for friends, most likely not a legal issue, even though technically a Federal violation. If something goes wrong, even if not caused by your ammo, the lack of license could become an issue, as well as huge liability issues.
Having more than 40 lbs of powder is illegal too, but we all do it. The great master wants to control every aspect of our lives.

Ask them to get you a pound of powder, brass or primers things you can't get or don't have the time trying to find. It's not really about the money it's about your time. let them put in a little time for you

Just thinking...
I read these posts/comments, I see the "Laughing" emoji, and I wonder how long it will take some of these people to end up on the wrong side of a lawsuit or jail/prison time for a Federal Offense of manufacturing Ammunition without a license and gross harm to another if an accident "were" to ever happen, God forbid...

You never know who is on these forums and what they do for a living...

Go ahead and laugh - but you won't be laughing if it ever happens to you. I certainly hope it doesn't.

I've done it in the past. The last time I did it for someone (so called "buddy"), he complained about the price being higher than previous batches. He didn't have new or fired brass for me, so I grabbed new brass out of my stash and only charged him what it would cost me to replace said brass. The price per round was still far cheaper than what he could buy remotely comparable ammo for, so at that point I said "f*** it, I'm done with loading for others".

I'll help someone get started, but I won't reload for anyone anymore. Too much liability and people don't understand that my time is worth something.