Factory Rifle Preference

Factory rifle?

I've personally witnessed & shot some pretty outstanding results with the little tikka t3x 300 win mag with precision hunter ammunition...- sure looks funny crammed down in the case but it sure does perform well even out deep!

If you had to pick a factory rifle to make a shot out to a mile, which one would you go with and which cartridge? My brother in law is leaning toward the Bergara HMR in 300 PRC and I don't think that is a bad choice.. This is not to be a hunting rifle, but a target rifle to shoot steel from 600 yards out to 1000 yards. Once a year we get together on some family land and put a plate at a mile to send a few prayers out. He has a 6.5 creedmoor and is wanting something with a bit more energy at longer distances.

One big reason I say the 110 Precision in .338 Lapua is because I always wanted to shoot a rifle in .338 Lapua and the icing on the cake would be getting my brother to pay for it! Then, if you beat him in competition you can tell him he might need to convert to 33XC! Just sayin'! Always wanted to shoot one of those too!

I appreciate all the responses. I'm one to typically do a custom build and hand load ammo while my brother in law is a factory rifle and factory ammo type of guy. Time is more important to him than the savings.

I'd love for him to do a 338 lapua or something similar, he might have to pony up some $$ though. As for my rifle to shoot, I'll bring my 270SS and have a blast ☺️

Recent Posts