Extreme Pod or Atlas PSR bipod?

SouthTXBowhunter

I'm going to invest in a really good bipod but I'm torn between these two. Which one would you suggest? Is there enough difference to make one clearly a better bipod for prone and bench shooting?

I'll 'fess' up - I have an opportunity to buy the Extreme Pod for $225 so that makes me want to like it! LOL! I do like a lot of the features but the lack of alternate types of feet worries me. I know they say it doesn't need to be "loaded" but I don't believe it. I'm afraid the rubber feet won't give me the traction to properly load the tripod, especially on a bench. If I could add spike feet I don't think I'd be hesitating; but, as far as I can tell, there isn't any way to attach spikes to the Extreme Pod. I really favored the Extreme Pod because of the light weight and because they have those long extensions. The extensions would put me at the perfect seated shooting height when I'm predator hunting. But then, I saw that Core offers long carbon fiber leg extensions for the Atlas bipods. So, the two tripods are equal in that regard, it seems.

I'm kinda thinking that the Atlas might be superior, even though I'll spend about $150 more to get it and a set of spiked feet for it.... IF I go that route. What do y'all think? Would you spend the extra $150 to get the Atlas PSR or would you save the money and just get the Rugged Ridge Extreme Pod?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.