Anybody use Rugged Ridge bipod - AKA Extreme Pod?

Re: Anybody use Rugged Ridge bipod?

Thanks for the info guys. I was surprised to hear that the Rugged Ridge is only a couple ounces lighter than Atlas.

What caught my eye first were the leg extensions for seated use. I often get asked by Atlas customers if there is a way to use them seated and the only way I've heard of is by using wood dowels since Atlas doesn't offer long leg extensions. For those guys who want a seated bipod this looks like a good option.

Anyone use the leg extensions?

I look forward to trying it out.
PVC.

The feature that made me pick the rugged ridge over the rest was the panning feature all the way around which is a absolute need for me for coyote hunting. I got the leg extensions as well for sitting. Just playing with I think it will be a excellent set up for me. Hopefully next weekend it'll get bloodied. It's at black ice coatings getting dipped kryptek nomad along with my xlr carbon chassis

I've been using the
NeoPod® Ultralight Hunting Bipod
If you are looking for weight savings, this is going to be your best option. All the others are very similar in weight. The NeoPod is like 4 ounces. It's great for field use, only complaint is that it does not lock. that's about it...

I have both, Atlas and the rugged ridge .
I prefer the Atlas for both hunting and practice shooting. The rugged Ridge works good for hunting but not as good when shooting multiple rounds. It has a tendency start moving in the pivot and barrel drops.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.