Exit hole question?

den

They did offer it in an SST. However, I did not shoot the SST. I believe it said Spire Point but no mention of Interlock.

Who knows?

i didn't pick up on the bullet weight, but Having to look for the exit with little or no blood shoot meat sounds like you are not getting enough expansion, a hunting buddy started packing a 20 inch barreled 708 last year he was shooting 150 gr combined technology bullets, he shot 2 deer with it, i never saw such a bloodshot mess, a little to much expansion,

Last edited:
Nicholasjohn,
Talking small to medium deer, pigs and goats.
We also shoot kangaroos here, and have never seen a 25 cal Speer 100gr Hot Cor exit a 'roo, they are always found stuck to the offside hide.
Funny thing, those solid bases on Ballistic Tips always exit.

Cheers.

Terminal Ballistics Research is a great resource. They apparently have shot thousands of animals, and autopsied each one.

Nicholasjohn,
Talking small to medium deer, pigs and goats.
We also shoot kangaroos here, and have never seen a 25 cal Speer 100gr Hot Cor exit a 'roo, they are always found stuck to the offside hide.
Funny thing, those solid bases on Ballistic Tips always exit.

Cheers.

Is a kangaroo about like a deer in size and build, or are they bigger ?

A male (buck) kangaroo runs around the same weight as a small pronghorn........but are far tougher.
Have placed 3 100gr 25 cal pills into the chest of a buck and it crossed 2 very large paddocks, jumped on fence and piled up on the other fence still kicking. Travelled 400mtrs easily with those 3 hits. One tough animal.
They are extremely strong with very large muscles.

Cheers.

A male (buck) kangaroo runs around the same weight as a small pronghorn........but are far tougher.
Have placed 3 100gr 25 cal pills into the chest of a buck and it crossed 2 very large paddocks, jumped on fence and piled up on the other fence still kicking. Travelled 400mtrs easily with those 3 hits. One tough animal.
They are extremely strong with very large muscles.

Cheers.

They look to me like they're all legs, and the legs are a long way from the chest cavity. They probably take a long time to run out of gas after you ventilate their boiler room. I think that some animals are wired differently than others, and kangaroos may be in the same boat as the eastern whitetails I grew up on. They were pretty high strung, and if they were running when I shot them, they usually just kept right on running. If they were standing there completely unaware, they would fall right down at the shot, but any that were all keyed up had to run a hundred yards or so to figure out that they were done for the day. The nervous condition of the animal at the time of the shot counts for a lot. The adrenaline effect is often amazing.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.