exit wound from 200grn Nosler accubond

dmproske

.300 RUM in a Remington Sendero SFII. 200grn NAB over 87grn RL25. 50 yard shot on a medium sized buck. I know, way to close for this rig but he walked out right next to my blind and I didnt see the point in waiting to see if he would walk farther out. Placment was high on the neck. Bullet traveled down at a angle due to me being high up. Entrance hole was tiny, size of the bullet. Exit was...well as you can see. I take neck shots so I dont loose any meat and its a bang flop kill.

DSC03400.jpg

Sheesh - what a hole!

Looks like the front shoulders are already tenderized - w/ RUM300!!! :D

As i'm planning a 300 RUM, i've wondered what the affect would be on less than 'distant' shots. Thanks for the info!

My rifle should be here Monday or Tuesday. I was going to try some AB's first. I like them in my 7 mag and .338 WM. Looks like they work well with the RUM's too.

Yeah it ALMOST got the front shoulder. I lost just a wee bit of backstrap. Definatly no tracking on this one:)

Im wondering if the 200 grain Barnes triple shock would be a little tougher constructed, less destructive incase I get a close in shot again.

Yeah it ALMOST got the front shoulder. I lost just a wee bit of backstrap. Definatly no tracking on this one:)

Im wondering if the 200 grain Barnes triple shock would be a little tougher constructed, less destructive incase I get a close in shot again.

For a monometal I would go with the 180 E-Tip which has a lot higher BC than the 200 TSX, .523 vs .423 and you'll get about 200 fps more on top of that. They shoot very well in my RUM in front of 97.5 g of Retumbo @ 3400 fps +

Mark

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.