exit wound from 200grn Nosler accubond

dmproske

.300 RUM in a Remington Sendero SFII. 200grn NAB over 87grn RL25. 50 yard shot on a medium sized buck. I know, way to close for this rig but he walked out right next to my blind and I didnt see the point in waiting to see if he would walk farther out. Placment was high on the neck. Bullet traveled down at a angle due to me being high up. Entrance hole was tiny, size of the bullet. Exit was...well as you can see. I take neck shots so I dont loose any meat and its a bang flop kill.

fmajor

Sheesh - what a hole!

Looks like the front shoulders are already tenderized - w/ RUM300!!! :D

As i'm planning a 300 RUM, i've wondered what the affect would be on less than 'distant' shots. Thanks for the info!

Overkill338

My rifle should be here Monday or Tuesday. I was going to try some AB's first. I like them in my 7 mag and .338 WM. Looks like they work well with the RUM's too.

dmproske

Yeah it ALMOST got the front shoulder. I lost just a wee bit of backstrap. Definatly no tracking on this one:)

Im wondering if the 200 grain Barnes triple shock would be a little tougher constructed, less destructive incase I get a close in shot again.

MontanaRifleman

Yeah it ALMOST got the front shoulder. I lost just a wee bit of backstrap. Definatly no tracking on this one:)

Im wondering if the 200 grain Barnes triple shock would be a little tougher constructed, less destructive incase I get a close in shot again.
For a monometal I would go with the 180 E-Tip which has a lot higher BC than the 200 TSX, .523 vs .423 and you'll get about 200 fps more on top of that. They shoot very well in my RUM in front of 97.5 g of Retumbo @ 3400 fps +

Mark

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce