Exit wounds *pics*

Rick,
The one in the pictures is fairly representative as a meat animal and dressed out at 42kg (92.4lbs) That would make it around 200lbs live weight, I suppose.

Bullet used was a 40gr HV bullet. There is a more about the meat damage here and a picture of a recovered bullet next to an unfired one here.

The springbuck in the pictures dress out at 15kg to 20kg so you do not want to spoil too much meat with a fragile bullet.

[ QUOTE ]
Rick,
The one in the pictures is fairly representative as a meat animal and dressed out at 42kg (92.4lbs) That would make it around 200lbs live weight, I suppose.

Bullet used was a 40gr HV bullet. There is a more about the meat damage here and a picture of a recovered bullet next to an unfired one here.

The springbuck in the pictures dress out at 15kg to 20kg so you do not want to spoil too much meat with a fragile bullet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that IS a bullet! I know I use them in my 416 WBY Mag. 330 at 3100 fps and shoots about 1 hole!.. AWesome hunting bullet with full penetration and minimal meat damage! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Have you ever find any SMK bullet that penetrated an animal.
How do they look, is there any expansion?

[ QUOTE ]
Gerard,What is and who makes the 40 gr HV bullet you were usuing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here you go brother. Best bullets I EVER EVER tried!

http://www.gsgroup.co.za/02hv.html

And this is Gerald---creator!
gerardnandi.jpg

It looks to me as if there is quit a similarity between the GS Custom bullets and the Barnes TSX bullet. Solid copper with pressure grooves cut around the bullets. Does anyone know of any comparisons in performance between the two manufacturers?

the barnes has the groves cut in the bearing surface, the gs has the raised groves for the bearing surface. this promotes less copper fouling in therory.

[ QUOTE ]

[image]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RADrApATdpGNMfdYiuxk96dUwSP8aM2TVyRFuzrifkyZGZGRhJv2dFgbU3IOlpZ6qTU42c7mHAo*5guI1e5R!FA0etp2CoMrXgHim5QPzrE/50BMG_sabot.jpg?dc=4675516357111633549[/image]
This is a test posting of an image file.

[/ QUOTE ]
I;ve been complaining about the image bug even since the upgrade. Try something with a little longer URI or non-alpah characters.

I can copy/paste the URI and the image shows up fine in IE 6.x

[image]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RADrApATdpGNMfdYiuxk96dUwSP8aM2TVyRFuzrifkyZGZGRhJv2dFgbU3IOlpZ6qTU42c7mHAo*5guI1e5R!FA0etp2CoMrXgHim5QPzrE/50BMG_sabot.jpg?dc=4675516357111633549[/image]

It may be because the line is wrapped??

Man those shots remind me of some of the deer I shot under 100 yds, with my 25/06 using 100gr BT's and Sierra's. Just plain nasty.

I shot another one with my 243 using the 95gr BT when they first hit the market, and it looked as if you took a 3# coffee can and laid it on it's side and hit the bottom with a big hammer, like a giant cookie cutter.

Out past 150 - 200 yds though they all worked excellant.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.