Executive action

The scary part, if I heard it right, was something about requiring a license if you sold over two guns. Did not say if per year or per lifetime, so I guess we'll have to pass it to find out what's in it. Oops!!! Forgot he's bypassing the Constitution.

He wants all gun sales to go through back ground checks. Even private sales.

I have not heard anyone else see this the way I do, so here goes.

The law gets enacted by executive action, constitutionally questionable at best. The law has no way to be enforced the way things are currently. But the law must be enforced. That means that all weapons must be licensed. This way they can be kept track of. That will still not be enough because of those who cheat. So they will come for the guns and require them to be checked into gov run lockers where we can check them out when we would like to use them. Like some places in Canada. As long as it may save one child it is worth it. Right?

That is how I see it going. This is a terrible thing. I can't wait for this year to get over.

Steve

First off, Obama will never be impeached simply because our 'elected' officials in Washington lack the balls to do so and they are so intertwined financially and so much into graft and corruption, it would not be in their best interest to proceed with impeachment. Simply stated, Best financial interest......

Washington makes Chicago and Emanuel and the police department look like a child's game....

Secondly, according to the Constitution, the President cannot make laws. It's not in his power to do so so all this 'Executive Action' crap is a 'grey area' at best.

He's overextending his office, problem is, the Washington Elite woin't do a **** thing about (other than postulate) because it's not in their best interests, why, I support Trump over Cruse or over any of the candidates, simply because the other 'front runner' is a charter member of that Washington Elite crowd. Trump isn't.

If Trump gets elected (hope he stays alive long enough), heads will roll, from Obama to Jarrett to Pelosi to Reid to Lynch to Clinton... Thats exactly what needs to happen.

The Washington cabal needs to be dismantled and the country returned to the citizens, thats the only thing that will save it now and Trump is all about holding those that have used their power and office for personal financial gain at the expense of the citizens (us).

Why do you think there is a concentrated effort to destroy Trump (even in his own party)? No one in elected offices wants their apple cart upset. That apple cart is money, the root of all evil.

Right now, we are all on the **** end of the stick and might as well 'enjoy' it for another year.

Now if Hillary or Bernie gets elected, might as well turn your firearms in and bend over.... A horrible thought at best.....

If Obama had such overwhelming support like he claims, why did he wait until his last year? This is not something he any politician would have done if they planned on facing the voters again.

I also suspect any veteran who has ever had counseling to be first targeted. And any children who have ever been prescribed behavioral medication will never be allowed to buy their first gun when they come of age. I wouldn't recommend talking politics with your doctor ever either.

If Obama had such "overwhelming" support, then why didn't he do this in his first term? He knew the voters would not have elected him after this.

BTW, I nominate Obama for an Oscar for those tears.

I seem to recollect him stating that he would do just what he did a while ago...

I liked the tears too. I laughed. Must have had an onion in his coat pocket....

He is keeping his word on this. Too bad he's lied about almost everything else.

His ongoing comments about how the majority of Americans support his initiatives, I find to be false. Maybe the Bloomberg types and the Gifford types do, but thats not the majority, not that he cares about majority rule, that is an alien term to hi,

Hope and change my butt....

Well, just watched the Obama/CNN propaganda show! :D

I particularly like the parts where he says " This is only a start" and later says " The left doesn't want to take your guns away". I was rolling on the floor with that one.

don't mind dealers being licensed. but can you leave guns to family when your time comes. can you sell some to help pay final expenses or do you need to pay for license that you cant use. what happens in tragic accident your family needs license. once you get license all guns will be on record. sounds like backdoor registration

don't mind dealers being licensed. but can you leave guns to family when your time comes. can you sell some to help pay final expenses or do you need to pay for license that you cant use. what happens in tragic accident your family needs license. once you get license all guns will be on record. sounds like backdoor registration

In last two cases above, you would probably just be able to legally sell the guns a licensed dealer. Who would probably lowball you on price. OR seller and buyer got to a licensed FFL and have them run the background checks, verify the guns aren't stolen, and basically handle the transaction between private seller and buyer. The later is now done in Oregon, after Bloomberg came to town and bought enough elections get his supports in office, and make the change without voters being able to vote and decide for themselves, just like in New York.

Family pass down? Just have to wait until the "executive actions" are published. I think they are still in draft mode right now.

I personally feel the NRA (and us) are starting to lose ground now that the gun grabbers have Bloomberg's money and are attacking each state individually when they see an opening to exploit.

In last two cases above, you would probably just be able to legally sell the guns a licensed dealer. Who would probably lowball you on price. OR seller and buyer got to a licensed FFL and have them run the background checks, verify the guns aren't stolen, and basically handle the transaction between private seller and buyer. The later is how it is done in Oregon now after Bloomberg came to town and bought enough elections get get his supports in office and make the change without voters being able to vote and decide for themselves, just like in New York.

Family pass down? Just have to wait until the "executive actions" are published. I think they are still in draft mode right now.

its all ready in NYS safe act you cant leave or give your kids a gun without a back ground check. like their is a back ground on a 10 or 12 year old

In last two cases above, you would probably just be able to legally sell the guns a licensed dealer. Who would probably lowball you on price. OR seller and buyer got to a licensed FFL and have them run the background checks, verify the guns aren't stolen, and basically handle the transaction between private seller and buyer. The later is now done in Oregon, after Bloomberg came to town and bought enough elections get his supports in office, and make the change without voters being able to vote and decide for themselves, just like in New York.

I personally feel the NRA (and us) are starting to lose ground now that the gun grabbers have Bloomberg's money and are attacking each state individually when they see an opening to exploit.

Why it's just so important that the American public elect a pro Second Amendment and a pro right to own firearms President this election....

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts