Erik Cortina is going to do the Backfire challenge

Ya, no reason to get too wound up about it though. Like been said, it's all in fun and educational. If someone says that I couldn't shoot a milk jug at a random distance out to 600 yards, they're going to loose a gallon of milk. If someone said I had to shoot 100 of them, I'm going to want a month and a new barrel and that's a lot of wasted milk.
I'm not wound up at all. Simply pointing out my observations.

I have read the post, replies in this thread and agree with many statements.
Where we as individuals seem to get off track, is when our own interpretation is used for stating their personal reasoning. A very common problem is with ambiguity of the English language.
My interpretation of "Backfire post" is the actual challenge to one's own skill of shooting at long range. This doesn't mean it's a justification for shooting game animals at any given range, but it could be used as a gauge by when and which shot to take. I have been at many ranges where the long-range rifle is brought out and introduced as such only to see such poor skills at 300 yds and still the owner voices his diluted vision of taking a 800 yd shot! We all seem to agree that shooting anything 100% at 600 yds formidable quest and milk jugs don't even move!

This sounds like it would be fun. I am going to get my peeps on a challenge of doing similar test but maybe 20 rounds or so.
Have a good day LRH

IMG_4232.jpeg

😇

I guess I look at the challenge as the vital zone is small. Milk jug hunting is to "score or no score". Antelope was the premise for Erik's choice of rifle. Anatomically a milk jug is smaller as to vital area.
It's still a 'go or no go' to get a score regardless of what one would consider "what species".
I like the test based on smacking a milk jug in a difficult situation. Nothing more. Now with a well known guy who has the skill set to hit long in competition with regularity, how will he do with the hunting tools we would use in real hunting situations. I can imagine many people will want to hone their skills after Erik is done.

Pretty much what we've been doing here anyways with real game. Or we could make it a ten day challenge. All coldbore shots on the honor system. Separate days or at least several hours to ensure a true coldbore shot. Report misses. Steel targets say 8-10 inch diameter. If you hit live game coldbore that counts.
This is what I plan to setup for practice for family. 200 to500 yds.

This milk jug challenge is the redneck games version of PRS and NRL. It is all good entertainment, until someone tries to pigeon hole all long range hunters on one shooters performance based on an unrealistic scenario. That is as dumb as it would be to say that if a shooter was capable of hitting all 100 jugs that all long range hunting, hunters and shooting is ok because one shooter had a great performance. I follow EC channels on youtube He has some knowledgeable guests and good entertainment like his KYL rack challenge. BF not so much value to be had, although he is quick to get and test new products. I am not saying that his content is not entertaining , I am saying I give little weight to his opinions. He would probably say the same about me. LOL

Ill way in, the original statement on his Halloween pod cast (according to him) was 100% of shots on game, not 100 shots.

So…,,,,

It's a milk jug challenge boys relax. Nothing past the first two shots correlate to hunting in anyway. So stop trying to make it something it ain't.
The host made it something more in his opening statements of the challenge.