EPIC PDog HAMMER TRAIL

I have an adjustable gas block so gas can be dialed there. Plus rifle length gas system and buffer. I was more worried about the hollow point getting jammed on the feed ramp or something like that. If I can get them in the chamber.... I can get them out lol.

I'm not an AR guy either and it's because of the lack of performance of typical 223/5.56 projectiles. I've used or seen used every factory available cartridge from 204 ruger to 450 bushmaster and the best performance comes from the best bullet regardless of cartridge size.

These bullets expand and destroy thin skinned game like no other mono I've seen. I tried an 80 something grain Barnes mono in a 25-06 years ago and the holes left on a hog were not much different than the holes left shooting into a cardboard box. That's not to say that Barnes are junk.... they just didn't work for my application.

Feeding shouldn't be an issue. Depending on the ogive radius of the chosen bullet they may need to be seated a bit shorter oal than a lead core of similar weight. Like the 44g Hammer Hunter. A bit of a chubby nose.

What are the most popular bullets in both LR and SR...???
Paper punching and steel ringing are not comparisons to targets with blood in them. It takes 1/2 ftlb of force to puncture a paper target. Those list you posted have brands of bullets on them that I will never see in the real world. Compairing Benchrest and belly benchrest aka F-Class to hunting is like comparing NHRA top fuel and Formula 1 to the vehicle you drive to the grocery store!

I'm curious to see what these would do to feral hogs in a 223 Ar15. Obviously it would be a different bullet size and weight. I wonder how they feed in a semi auto.
No need to wonder. 215lb Hog. Dead. No issue feeding any Hammer Bullets. The real test will be with the 350 Legend. Notoriously horrible feeding issue.

I think with the absolute hammers like Ed is using here you might have to seat all the way to the most forward drive band to get maximum feeding since it's kind of a lip, but maybe it doesn't matter.
Not true at all. I've got the 97AH set at 2.700. My mag allows me to load 2.900. Throat is roughly 2.850-2.860 depending on shoulder. I also use 3/4 crimp.

I know @Zen Archery loads Absolutes in his Ar's. I am not an ar guy either. There is a bunch of guys doing it though. Will just be a matter of finding the right powder combo with the very low engraving pressure.
I've had no issue with any Hammer Bullet using an AR's in the following cals.
20GPC, 223Rem, 22-250, 25GPS, 6.5GL, 6.5CM, 308 Win, 300 WSM

If there is any gas issue it has nothing to do with the bullet but powder charge or port.

Since I test a bunch of wildcat calibers. You have to test port holes. Inevitably an adjustable gas block is the best solution.

Barrel wear is a function of heat and pressure. Assuming it is loaded with same pressure as a heavier bullet running less velocity, barrel wear would be very much the same. You could argue that the lighter bullet would have a few grains more powder possibly making a bit more heat. It would be very difficult to find it to make a significant change if any in barrel life. Now take into account a significant reduction of baring surface of the Absolute Hammer that makes contact with the barrel resulting in less friction, you could make an argument for less barrel wear.
I think the length and surface bearing area contribute a lot to the heat generated in a barrel - maybe as much as the powder blast itself. If you've ever gone downrange and found a bullet you've just shot in the embankment - it is smoking hot and probably not due that much to the powder blast. Also most match grade barrels are tighter at the muzzle causing even more friction and heat. I have always looked for "cooked" meat around the bullet, but the bullets I use mainly leave exit holes on the way out!! This is the reason I like bullets designed with less bearing area for their length - less friction, higher velocities with less wear and tear on the barrel. I also think having multiple bullet gas checks to prevent the gas from escaping around the bullet makes them more efficient.