EPIC PDog HAMMER TRAIL

That's just more fun than a guy should have!

Looks like that Hammer had no trouble opening up on a prairie dog. So much for all monos need bone to open in big game. Our they just pencil through. A bullet capable of handling big game that will open up on a prairie dog puts it in a class of it's own.

That's just more fun than a guy should have!

Looks like that Hammer had no trouble opening up on a prairie dog. So much for all monos need bone to open in big game. Our they just pencil through. A bullet capable of handling big game that will open up on a prairie dog puts it in a class of it's own.

This was my concern when ordering hammers. Them opening up on thin, narrow light skinned targets. I have not shot a prairie dog with one but our whitetails are not that much bigger. I talked with Steve and ordered some dead blows for by 30 cal and then ordered some hammer hunters. It was not necessary as the hammer hunters work perfectly on little and big targets

Thanks

Buck

They do open nicely. Here is a 160 grain HH from a 300Bee at 327 yards. Starting velocity 3370.

Attachments

• SD Coy.jpg
    SD Coy.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 392
This was my concern when ordering hammers. Them opening up on thin, narrow light skinned targets. I have not shot a prairie dog with one but our whitetails are not that much bigger. I talked with Steve and ordered some dead blows for by 30 cal and then ordered some hammer hunters. It was not necessary as the hammer hunters work perfectly on little and big targets

Thanks

Buck
What weight are the .30 cal dead blows? I don't see any dead blows for .30s on the website.

Buck,
Off their website on Deadblows:

DeadBlow Hammers are Hammer Hunters that are designed to retain 40%-50% on impact. They simply have a very deep hollow point that causes them to shed much larger nose petals. We have a full line of these ready to go. I just have not had the time to get them up on the website. We hunted with these bullets last fall in MT and had very good results. I'll be honest, it is not exactly what we think a bullet should be, but we are looking to satisfy those who like a frangible bullet. Because they are pure copper they do not disintegrate like lead core bullets, so meat damage is still very light. The shed weight comes of in a few large pieces that do their own work. Think of 4 little 25g bullets along with the retained shank all penetrating deep in the animal. On game performance was actually very good. These bullets will be a bit more expensive due to the fact that is takes so long to drill the deep hole. If anyone is interested in DeadBlows shoot me a note. We can fill orders I just need to know what you are after.

Buck,
FYI, in .30 I prefer Hammer Hunters in 30-06, 300WSM and 300WM. I just never saw the really big differential between AH and HH in .30 so I stayed with HH.

30-06: just flat loves the 180HH and shoots 1/2MOA. Son killed nice 10 last fall with it snd devastating! The 124 is pretty darn good too.
300WSM: 124HH and 166HH shoot really well.
300WM: I like big bullets for elk even though I believe the light fast works well on them. But I have a 196HH load with RL26 that I settled in at 3150! It was 3250+ but backed off for brass and my trashed shoulder.

Interesting powder find is Ramshot Hunter and Big Game seem to marry up really nice with Hammers! And available for most part!