EC Tuner Brake

I saw several folks that sell the tuner brake say it cant be or they wont install it on a CF bbl.
....CF should not have the same level of frequency distortion as steel, because its density and properties are nowhere near the sound and pressure propagation properties of steel.

So, Im not sure if youd get the same level of benefit anyway. Even so, Im sure it has some level of harmonics.

Probably ought to call an installer like Alamo Precision Rifles or MPA and ask them. They will know.
I agree the plastic in the barrel….oops, uh thermoset matrix, will dampen it somewhat, but I'd bet there is still a harmonic to be tuned.

Has anyone put Erik's EC tuner on a carbon fiber barrel?… and if so, what was the outcome?

I have a CA 300 PRC that shoots factory ammo in a "meh" group. and before taking off the factory muzzle brake I was hoping someone could give me some feedback.
APR installed an ECTB on my Bartlein CF 6.5 CM. Works great.

I saw several folks that sell the tuner brake say it cant be or they wont install it on a CF bbl.
....CF should not have the same level of frequency distortion as steel, because its density and properties are nowhere near the sound and pressure propagation properties of steel.

So, Im not sure if youd get the same level of benefit anyway. Even so, Im sure it has some level of harmonics.

Probably ought to call an installer like Alamo Precision Rifles or MPA and ask them. They will know.
I have an insite arms tuner on a cf barrel. Tunes just the same as with it on an all steel barrel.

I am genuinely curious though whether people see the same bad groups in Carbon Fiber bbls. that are seen in carbon steel bbls due to harmonics? There are likely still harmonics but one would think they would be somewhat damped by the material itself. Sound and pressure dont travel as quickly through carbon fiber is what I am thinking.

So any experience either way?

To the extent there are still any barrel harmonics Im sure a tuner works on CF the same way it works on steel, but is the basic starting point the same?

I am genuinely curious though whether people see the same bad groups in Carbon Fiber bbls. that are seen in carbon steel bbls due to harmonics? There are likely still harmonics but one would think they would be somewhat damped by the material itself. Sound and pressure dont travel as quickly through carbon fiber is what I am thinking.

So any experience either way?

To the extent there are still any barrel harmonics Im sure a tuner works on CF the same way it works on steel, but is the basic starting point the same?
I have had 5 carbon barrels from 4 manufacturers. All still showed defined "nodes" for seating depth and powder charge.
Each one was it's own accuracy wise, all have been 1/4 - 1/2 moa capable (5-10shot groups).

Just ordered the ecTB, what is the "return to" results when you take the brake off, to lets say clean and then put it back on. Is it a reliable return to your tune each time?