Drop chart storage ideas

crowsnest2002

I was just wondering what everyone's methods were for having their drop charts handy. I was thinking of having something similar to a wallet that has a clear holder inside to slide the relevant char into. This would be separate from my actual wallet, I could see myself losing my wallet if I didn't keep them separately lol.

This is what I started using. Drop charts behind clear plastic with my rounds.

Attachments

• 20150102_172913.jpg
    20150102_172913.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 83
I drag JBM data to word. Magnify to suit. Print then cover both sides with scotch super strong packing tape. I then tape it to the back of my Leica rangefinder binos. Have taped it to a regular Leica rangefinder too.

I carry duplicates in larger print in pack. If I sit and glass with tripods for coues wt, I will set the larger chart on ground nearby.

I was just wondering what everyone's methods were for having their drop charts handy. I was thinking of having something similar to a wallet that has a clear holder inside to slide the relevant char into. This would be separate from my actual wallet, I could see myself losing my wallet if I didn't keep them separately lol.
I laminate mine with wide clear tape and then tape them to the stock or use nylon and velcro.

If you have a stock pack that works as well but if you are in a hurry its better to have it on the stock where you can just give it a quick peek.

I laminate with laminating plastic or clear packing tape. I size it to slip behind the elastic cartridge holder on my stock. If all I need is drops, I can just pull it out a bit and they are right there. The other numbers for more complex shots may require pulling it out more. Easy system, never had one fall out yet.

yds set wind
200 0.0 2
250 0.3 3
300 1.3 5
350 2.3 7
400 3.3 9
950 20.1 55
975 21.1 58
000 22.2 61
This is an example of what I have on my 243, it's for 115gr Berger's. From this point on it goes to 25 yard increments and out to 1000 yards. This chart is taped to the left side of my rifle with packing tape, I cut the packing tape to leave about 1/4 inch all around the paper. It's fast, handy, cheep and easy to use, the set column is what I would turn the elevation knob to and the wind is in inches rounded off

As for where I store my drop-charts... They're usually stored on my phone's hard drive in the multiple ballistic apps I use. :D

I make bumper stickers for a living so I make these laminated vinyl decals for my mid range rifles.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 77
1000 ways to skin a cat.:D I usually use my dedicated phone with all my data on it for long range, but have the cards for when the electronics fail. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts