drop chart

tstromgren

hey all, I am just getting back to shooting,( kids took the time) have a quest. when I create my drop chart, will the moa adj. be accurate at all magnifacations with a sfp scope. thanks ahead for te help

Your drop chart doesn't know what reticle you're using. On a drop chart, 1 MOA = 1 MOA regardless of how you adjust the scope. If your turrets are 1/4 MOA, four clicks will equal 1 MOA. The issues begin to develop when you try to use the reticle for making adjustments on target. 1 MOA between points on the reticle at 10 power with a sfp will not be the same as they will be at 10 power.

hey all, I am just getting back to shooting,( kids took the time) have a quest. when I create my drop chart, will the moa adj. be accurate at all magnifacations with a sfp scope. thanks ahead for te help
It will be if you are dialing the scope, it won't be if you are using an SFP reticle.

In the latter case check the spec's on your scope and they'll tell you what magnification it is set for.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.