DesertDweller62

LRH Team Member
Mine is being built...

6.5 PRC
Rem. 700 SS Short Action
Proof Carbon Sendaro Lite 24" w/brake
McMillan Carbon Stock
Talley 1 Piece base/ring
Leica Magnus 1.8-12x50 w/BDC (not the lightest, but optics are FANTASTIC)

DesertDweller62

DXHI

I had initially said my 300 RUM....and that caliber is a beast but so is it's weight at 12 lb. Thought I was going to die on this past year's elk hunt...lugging that thing , a lot different than the 2lb recurve I had carried the years before...

And on that note ..
I have decided on the 264 win mag with a mcmillan edge fill stock barrel is a #3 fluted benchmark..
Pieces are either at the smith or enroute via UPS to my smith..

dogz

DX---you're beginning to get on the right track there......12 lb elk rifles no thanks for this old wuss:)

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce