What does your sheep gun weigh?

DXHI

I have one now with all of the parts at the gunsmith.
I didn't do my research very well appropriately and I think I'm going to overshoot my target weight by 1.5 -2lbs..
If I calculated right ..then I'm going to be at 9lbs ..
I was shooting for 7.5

Looking to see where this falls in average with everyone else's

GA Sheephunter

LRH Team Member
My Cooper 52 in 300 win mag I took up to Gana River on my only sheep hunt to date was 8# 13.7 oz including scope and rings. Was a backpack hunt, not horseback. Not sure what kind of pack you have/will get, but this strap I think was a big help in keeping me from even noticing the weight of my rifle.

Last edited:

memtb

Joel, a beautiful hunting tool! What does she weigh, scoped, fully loaded, and slung.....as if in your hands on a hunt! Also, what cartridge are ya running? memtb

dmj

And they say light rifles won't shoot well at distance. Well it probably has a lot to do with the shooter also. Nice rifle and pretty impressive shooting.

dogz

I have one now with all of the parts at the gunsmith.
I didn't do my research very well appropriately and I think I'm going to overshoot my target weight by 1.5 -2lbs..
If I calculated right ..then I'm going to be at 9lbs ..
I was shooting for 7.5

Looking to see where this falls in average with everyone else's

Oucha, 1.5-2 lbs is a big miss.....but it is what it is. 9 lbs isn't the end of the world if that's the all up weight (sling, rounds, scope etc). Depends on where you're hunting and how you're getting around.

I take it your hunt is this fall, if so where at and is it guided and how are you getting around? There's a lot of sheep hunts that I'd gladly carry a "all up" 9 lb gun and there's more than a few that I wouldn't care to.