Dream hunt animal

I'd be happy with bison and moose. Mostly because they are supposed to excellent eating. I have shot bears, and one that had 4" of fat on its back was the best. My granddaughter told me it was the best meat she had ever eaten. It was greasy, so barbeque was the way to cook it. I've eaten bear that ended up as dog food. It all depends on the age of the animal and what it has been eating. The fat bear was eating dandelions when I shot him. He had previously broken into a building at Taos ski valley, so maybe he was drinking the beer down in the basement.

Working on a couple over the next few years; Pronghorn, Mike Deer, Elk.

One that I want the most though is a Gemsbok. I doubt I'll ever get to Africa to shoot one so I'll probably end up shooting one here in Texas along with a Nilgai.
I have into hunt there in Texas for ibex, and hunt in Texas or over seas it is still expensive hopefully it will be cheaper for your animals

I'm curious on what everyone's once in a lifetime dream animal to hunt would be. For myself there are alot of animals that I would enjoy hunting and maybe even killing but there are two that stand out the most a Nubian ibex or a Marco Polo sheep. What would you hunt?
Altai argali is number 1 on the list. I killed my desert last year and headed to Alaska in 7 days for my Dall sheep. Good luck everyone and go book them hunts, we're not getting any younger

I'm curious on what everyone's once in a lifetime dream animal to hunt would be. For myself there are alot of animals that I would enjoy hunting and maybe even killing but there are two that stand out the most a Nubian ibex or a Marco Polo sheep. What would you hunt?
Alaskan Grizzly or an African free range Buffalo.

loved the bighorn-stone-dall -muffy- all super sheep/goat hunts are the greatest
muley freak best of luck on your dall hunt enjoy the experience and nature and take plenty of pics, one super hunt .

I should likely say the Desert Bighorn to complete my 'slam' but I'd have to go with the Marco Polo! An Alaska-Yukon moose over 60" would be good too. I shot a 53" bull years ago, but the moving company stole the antlers and I've never been able to 'replace' them with something as big or larger.

African hunt are out of the picture for me. Although there are many that would peek my interest.
My bucket list is a nice Bison and a big Bull elk. Going to for the elk this fall 😁

For me it's Marco Polo,If I knew someone else who would be interested in going I would consider it,lots of travel time involve.

Mine has been any sheep hunt. Three years ago I mentioned this to my loving wife, and she said "DO IT! You aren't getting any younger."
So I signed up for one, it got delayed a year by Covid, and I am leaving now on Aug 20 for a Dall sheep hunt in the Yukon, at age 78.
I did end up having bilateral total knee replacements last winter so I could do the climbing and hiking, and they have worked out great.
(Pictures to come in early Sep)

Mine has been any sheep hunt. Three years ago I mentioned this to my loving wife, and she said "DO IT! You aren't getting any younger."
So I signed up for one, it got delayed a year by Covid, and I am leaving now on Aug 20 for a Dall sheep hunt in the Yukon, at age 78.
I did end up having bilateral total knee replacements last winter so I could do the climbing and hiking, and they have worked out great.
(Pictures to come in early Sep)
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Began doing it last year at 70.. I took a 15 3/4" pronghorn in New Mexico, and a 29" aoudad in Texas. Bought my dream gun which is a Blaser in .300 wsm. Will do elk in the Gila in New Mexico in October.

Attachments

• 722391E7-CDCC-4CA2-AF75-C8E628F94A9C.jpeg
    722391E7-CDCC-4CA2-AF75-C8E628F94A9C.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 60
  • 2DB23CC5-DA9F-4279-9045-92FBB6561ED0.jpeg
    2DB23CC5-DA9F-4279-9045-92FBB6561ED0.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 56
  • 7DBF6799-A37D-44A2-A0BF-E97884849B3F.jpeg
    7DBF6799-A37D-44A2-A0BF-E97884849B3F.jpeg
    775.1 KB · Views: 62