DPMS LR-308 setup

soopadoopa

Hey everyone. I've been wading through the site and learning a lot. Thanks. What I have is a DPMS long range-308 that I'd like to use for some informal shooting out to 1000 yds. It has the A3 type upper without the elevated rail. I'm trying to decide on scope, rail, rings for it. Pretty sure I'll need a Badger Ordnance 22 MOA rail for it, and some scopes I've considered are the 20X SS, 6-24X50 Bushnell elite 4200, and Nikon 6-20X44 Monarch. As you can see I'd like to keep from breaking the bank. Hopefully someone has experience in setting up one of these. Thanks.

With your budget constraints in mind, I would go with the Nikon 6x22x44 Monarch. Nikons are really good scopes. I know many shooters who use Nikons, and they are really happy with them. The are very clear, and I think you will be very happy.

W.

Thanks for the reply. You're right about the Nikon. I have the illuminated one that I use for predator hunting at night. I may very well get another one, but my concern is that it's elevation adjustment is probably limited even with a slanted rail.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.