Easy setup

MOOSE39465

Trying to decide what type scope I want to buy for my 300 win mag hunting setup. I hunt in South Ms were the shots are mostly under 500 yards and im looking for a scope that will be user friendly. The area we hunt are mostly pipe line and power lines were the I will need to be able to range him and get a shot off before he steps in the woods on the other side. What options is out there? I know leupold makes the CDS and other companies make custom turrets. What about bdc reticles? Do they make them to match your rifle, and ammo? 800.0 dollars will be my limit.

Thanks,
Tony

Leupold 4.5 x 14 x40 or 50 would be a great choice. Yes they will set up BDC turrets with the information you provide. If you are not traveling much with the rifle (temperature and elevation changes) that is an excellent choice. Inside of 500 yards these will be very accurate regardless and fast to use. You wont need much in the way of base elevation so Talley 1 piece rings would be a great solid choice. I use Leupold and Schmidt and Bender. The S&B are expensive and only mil dot/mil choices in the package I am looking for.

If you want to learn, using IPHY is a great option and adjustable for different conditions when traveling. You can get IPHY adjustment nob's in about anything from Leupold to Zeiss in your price range and maintain consistency from scope to scope.

Best of luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.