DONE TRIMMING!!!

Skimbleshanks

Anybody want to guess how many this is? I started this project a couple years ago. A couple kids and a house later and I'm getting back to it. Switching to a Lyman universal case trimmer really made it possible. I was using the little Lee hand held trimmer for the first 200 or so, and as a result led to me putting it on the back burner. My ARs will be happy. Mixed years of Lake City 556.

20200606_181309.jpg

Anybody want to guess how many this is? I started this project a couple years ago. A couple kids and a house later and I'm getting back to it. Switching to a Lyman universal case trimmer really made it possible. I was using the little Lee hand held trimmer for the first 200 or so, and as a result led to me putting it on the back burner. My ARs will be happy. Mixed years of Lake City 556.

View attachment 197416
I still use the lee trimmers today! Great lil tools I've got a trimmer by Lyman but these lee trimmers are so much faster. I chuck the cutter in a drill instead of the shell holder. That's a lot of cases tho I usually only trim 50 at a time max!

I did 2- 5 gallon buckets of once fired 5.56 a few years ago. cleaned, Swaged the primmer pockets, resized and trimmed. I trim with a Forster power case trimmer mounted in my drill press with the 3 in 1 head that chamfers inside and out. I can trim 600 per hour.

Love my lyman case trimmer, set-up its pretty fast. I would never count how many, I would just set down with a coffee and start and go till it was done. Take breaks for the monotony and arm rest. I'd guess two a minute at least, maybe 2-3 days?
Are you talking about the new electric model? I like mine as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts