Do you remember the first centerfire rifle you fired and do you reload for that caliber today?

The first rifle I ever fired was a 375HH. I was 10 years old. It almost took my arm and shoulder off. The bruises were massive, taking weeks to heal. But the grin on my face never wore off. My buddy's dad showed me how to fire it after a lot of instruction. I already had 3 years of proficiency on a .22, but the 375HH was my first centerfire. When I turned 24, I got one of my own. I still reload for it today and will never get rid of it. 66 years passes quickly.
222 Rem mid 1960's . Don't have the actual rifle but have a 722, 788 and 700 as keepers to remind me of my start into 222Rem centerfires. Also have a Sako L461 purchased in the 1960's and can head shoot ducks off a dam out around 100 yards , that's when they keep their heads still. It's also a 250 yard rabbit head shot rifle and the most useful cartridge I have ever owned.

Remington Model 788 in 6mm. Age 12. The LOP was a little long for me, but I made it work. The gun was a shooter right from the start, and I remember the pride I felt (and the pride on my Dad's face) when a few weeks later I popped my first woodchuck with that gun. Had a Redfield 2-7x scope and I took him out at 150yrds. I believe I was shooting an 85 or 90 gr hollowpoint bullet, probably Remington factory load. Later I would hunt deer with that gun using 100gr. Nosler partitions. Dad started reloading, and I took down a couple of deer with that load, 1 shot each. Still have the gun, but don't shoot it much any more. Still in great shape, probably has less than 300 rounds down the pipe in it's life. All original.

The first rifle I ever fired was a 375HH. I was 10 years old. It almost took my arm and shoulder off. The bruises were massive, taking weeks to heal. But the grin on my face never wore off. My buddy's dad showed me how to fire it after a lot of instruction. I already had 3 years of proficiency on a .22, but the 375HH was my first centerfire. When I turned 24, I got one of my own. I still reload for it today and will never get rid of it. 66 years passes quickly.
I bought my first rifle at 10 years of age in 1960.
Pre 64 Winchester featherlight model 70 in 270 Win caliber. Still an awesome hunting rifle Taken many game animals and still like to hunt with it!

Good ol' .303 British in a $29.99 sporterized No4 Mk2. Got it for Christmas at age 14. Still have it. Barrel is like drain pipe and shoots crappy. Also usually has case head separation on reloads cause of headspace. Keep a coat hanger with hook on it for yanking case out of chamber. Can't bring myself to part with it. Sad I know.

Dave

I grew up in a country where rifles were illegal and pellet air rifles had to be registered and licensed. However people owned them. My first was a WWII BrenGun. On a bipod. 303 British. No kick. Second was a Lee Enfield again WEII. That one kicked. I think I was in first grade. Maybe younger. Pass forward 20 years, first rifle I bought, German WBY MKV 300WBY. Shot 96 rounds that first day. Previous owner gave it to me. Black and bleu for a week. Still own it. Still love the caliber. I reload for ever center fire rifle and handgun I own.
Maybe you already answered but where did you grow up?

Dave

My first time shooting was a Cooey 22. Think I was 8-9yo. Absolutely my best open sight rifle ever.
First centre fire rifle I ever shot was a military Lee Enfield 303, which is also my most memorable. Shot my first and biggest WTD; 14 pointer that put 185lbs of meat in the freezer ( including ribs).
Don't reload either.
First long range shooting was during my military service. A 7.62 (308Win); L1A1 Self-Loading Rifle, also known as the SLR (Self-Loading Rifle), by the Canadian Army designation C1A1 (C1) (the one I used) or in the US as the "inch pattern" FAL. Produced by the Belgian armaments manufacturer FN Herstal. Back in my hay day I could shoot consistently 1MOA out to 600M. Wasn't a bad rifle for a general service rifle with post and peep sights.
Did hours and hours of shooting with the 22barrel insert. Absolutely hated humping this rifle around as it was a heavy beast.
I think all us Canucks first centre fires were .303's😂😂😂