Do you name your rifles?

Not appropriate for youngster ears, but I've been giving my precision rifles stripper names. Cinnamon, Shaniqua, & Stormy so far. Makes the conversations in camp a bit more fun.
And FWIW, I can't recall the last time I've been in one of those establishments!
Must have been memorable when you were.
.still remember their names...lol

I only have one with a name, my wife named it. My rail gun is called "My Kitchen II"

The deal came up on it and my gun bank was a little short, so I borrowed the balance of what I needed from the money we were saving to remodel the kitchen. She printed a label and stuck it on the gun when I wasn't looking. you can see it still stuck to the side of the barrel block.

5340-small.jpg

I sold the rail a couple years ago to a guy that wanted it for his grandson and I hadn't shot it for a few years. Miss having it.

I kind of have to.
I keep load notebooks and targets throughout a barrels life. Even when the barrel is shot out I'll keep the notes for future reference. Every time I rebarrel an action I have to use a different name ( 270wsm, 270sm, M270wsm...)
Maybe I should just go with old girlfriend names and be done with it.:)o_O:rolleyes::oops::eek::(:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Maybe not a good idea if you're still married!

My daughter and I were talking about one of my rifles this weekend, and she was confusing it with another one I own. I realized that I was always referring to them by one of the following
1. Manufacturer
2. Caliber
3. Cartridge

I thought I need to give them some real names.

How many of you give pet names to your rifles? Let's hear about "old Bertha" or whatever pet names you have!

I name some of my mounts. LOL. 1 is Nicolai another is Alfie, another is Hebo. NEVER name one before you shoot it. Did that one time and was I very sad after I got him...
Name my rifles? Heck no.
Named a few of my trucks though. One of the best I ever had was named Elroy.
I name some mounts also... :)
I only have one with a name. My 300 RUM. Old Faithful.
Zuma. So cold.... :(

I have names like "the 308....no, the bolt action....no, not that one, the one with the synthetic stock..." It tends to take more effort, but I just can't bring myself to name guns, cars, or other inanimate objects.

That was my practice many moons ago when still married.
I wouldn't give my (now Ex) the combo to either safe just in case (SMART move on my part considering the divorce) but every so often she'd peek in when I'd open the door.
Then, after seeing my, um, "collection" and the safes being more crowded, she'd ask when I got this or that. I'd just reply "They had babies" and let it go at that.
I had an inkling what was coming down the pipe so any new acquisition would be brought in at Oh-Dark-Thirty when all were asleep (one benefit of working a late second shift I suppose).
To this day she STILL hasn't a clue how many guns I (don't) have. Heh, heh, heh.
THAT, my Friend, is the key to a Happy Marriage and, better yet, the key to KEEPING what you bought over the years of marriage.
I don't even feel bad at all. After all, it cost me ENOUGH to get unmarried to her and she emptied my wallet many other ways.
But I got to keep ALL my guns (that later drowned a terrible death in a canoe accident. 200 miles off the coast of Alaska. In a BIG storm where I even lost my GPS. LMAO!!)
Lol !

My daughter and I were talking about one of my rifles this weekend, and she was confusing it with another one I own. I realized that I was always referring to them by one of the following
1. Manufacturer
2. Caliber
3. Cartridge

I thought I need to give them some real names.

How many of you give pet names to your rifles? Let's hear about "old Bertha" or whatever pet names you have!
No.

I have names like "the 308....no, the bolt action....no, not that one, the one with the synthetic stock..." It tends to take more effort, but I just can't bring myself to name guns, cars, or other inanimate objects.
Speaking of naming inanimate objects...I asked my wife the other day "Honey did I hurt you? She replied no why do ask...I said geez I thought I felt you move". She has a name!

Recent Posts