Do all rifle???

Just buy a Sako 85 Hunter stainless in 300WSM Ezee peezee. Very accurate out of the box. Shoots all brand box ammunition well.
Yeah good round. !! but I know guys that use them that have lost deer. Now it may have been on them too but I have lost deer with my 300 win mag iam just saying all the deer I have shot at with my 35 whelen went in a cooler its (deadly)

Now that you've vented you psycho-babble about "WAY OVER KILL" .... I'll remind you that this is the "LONG RANGE HUNTING" website ... the cartridges you listed are absolutely worthless in a long range big game hunting scenario and are not "Do all" choices

my choice for a "do all rifle" would of course be chambered in the ....

300 Remington Ultra Magnum

there is no such thing as "over kill" and never was, ..... the object of hunting is to kill an animal as quickly as possible, and you simply cannot "over kill" with a larger caliber, dead is dead ..
the quicker the better and a do all rifle/cartridge choice in a long range hunting group and hunting trip eliminates almost all of the cartridges mentioned here via random ramblings of personal stuff & not reality
Yeah he said up too 600 yards when I talked too him

Okay, for what it is worth, my next rifle is going to be a 338-378 Weatherby Magnum. I just tonight got my dies for my new 340 Weatherby and without ever having shot the thing, I know I like the horsepower it is going to produce, but I want more. I know, not a good choice, but it is my choice and I am sticking with it. So there!

For those of you that are wondering, I am left-handed and haven't found a left hand 338-378 yet. I'm just a silly old man.

The .300wm is popular on page one and I need to be getting busy.

The Man Bun does not come into the equation only 7mm-08 and up in my mind.

I don't have the species you hunt in Australia but I do have a .300wm, .308, 7mm-08 and now my latest do all rifle a lightweight .280ai

I hired a 7mmRm in Africa but own a .375H&H too as it's classic cartridge that is considered versatile in some circles.

Okay, for what it is worth, my next rifle is going to be a 338-378 Weatherby Magnum. I just tonight got my dies for my new 340 Weatherby and without ever having shot the thing, I know I like the horsepower it is going to produce, but I want more. I know, not a good choice, but it is my choice and I am sticking with it. So there!

For those of you that are wondering, I am left-handed and haven't found a left hand 338-378 yet. I'm just a silly old man.
Dammm rooster !!!that's a sure fine sledge hammer there but I bet it kicks like a mule

Hey treeslug y not a 300 ultra mag

Hey treeslug y not a 300 ultra mag
I give up, why not a 300 ultra mag? I would consider a 300 RUM. I have to say, I have been happy with all of my Weatherby rifles so far, and now I am fixated on getting a 338-378 Weatherby. I have no justification for it, I just think I want one. I am newish to this site and building a rifle sounds fun. I may try that someday. I think I am going to stick with the .338 caliber for a while. Nothing against the .30 caliber, but that will have to come next. I'm certain no one on this forum understands people like me--but I have always been about as bright as a shadow.

I give up, why not a 300 ultra mag? I would consider a 300 RUM. I have to say, I have been happy with all of my Weatherby rifles so far, and now I am fixated on getting a 338-378 Weatherby. I have no justification for it, I just think I want one. I am newish to this site and building a rifle sounds fun. I may try that someday. I think I am going to stick with the .338 caliber for a while. Nothing against the .30 caliber, but that will have to come next. I'm certain no one on this forum understands people like me--but I have always been about as bright as a shadow.
Hey ! Different is good iam looking for a long range hammer I was thinking about the ultra mag. ammo is still all over I don't hand load but get my ammo from copper creek they have it my 6.5-284 norma does fine with 156 Berger's but I have a hunting trip up north next year I'd like to have a new rifle for it custom build just for me

This is my next build a do all rifle. Deer hunting in the tree stand but capable of Longrange hunting as well. I have settled on the 300 wsm. Caliber is very accurate
Easy to carry but comfortable to got prone at range and not too heavy. Medium weight hunter rifle

Thanks

Buck
Exactly my thoughts. I bought a 300 WSM last April and it is proving to be quite accurate and enjoyable.

I was waiting for the popcorn eater to pop up. LOL!

Since I am a Deplorable... One is never enough....
I want to say something new like a 7-300PRC or better yet a 7-300 Sherman Mag. Hint... Hint... Rich.

Hey ! Different is good iam looking for a long range hammer I was thinking about the ultra mag. ammo is still all over I don't hand load but get my ammo from copper creek they have it my 6.5-284 norma does fine with 156 Berger's but I have a hunting trip up north next year I'd like to have a new rifle for it custom build just for me
In today's shooting world everything seems to be about faster and farther. I love it. Building whatever you want gets easier every day. I talked my neighbor into a .300 RUM for pigs from a distance. He has no regrets. The hogs aren't too proud of it, but that is the point. I am beyond criticizing anyone for their choice in the rifle of their dreams. Too many choices for too many different desires. I hope you always have the perfect rifle for your needs at the time. So do the gunsmiths of the world!

Pick a gun and shoot it a lot and learn to shoot it well. More gun doesn't make up for lack of ability.

I am young in the mind of some here, but o have killed deer, elk, and sheep with 280 Remington. I have killed a lot of deer with 30-06.

shot placement beats the hell out of "what gun" any day of the week. Also, know your ability. I personally limit myself to 450 yds in calm, 300 in windy. I know my rifles will give me a hit within a 6" circle at 40-50 mph winds.

before my hunt this year at final rifle check, we had 60 mph wind. I put 3 cold bore in 4" at 200. Called it a day. The previous time I was 2" at 200, but with the wind it was a huge confidence boost right before the hunt!

I don't try to outshoot anyone else but myself. I know my limit and stick to it.

I can ring steel at 800-1000 yds with my 280, but in hunting situations know my nerves and other things will get the best of me, so tell myself to stalk and get closer.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.