DNZ scope mounts

I had the one piece on a .300 win mag and it kept slipping at their recommended torque spec. Everything else I have heard and seen has been great reviews.
Torquing screws on scope mounts could be a topic of its own.
Many of us remember when you just tightened them down hard with a regular old screwdriver.
And with at least some scopes you still can.

Torquing screws on scope mounts could be a topic of its own.
Many of us remember when you just tightened them down hard with a regular old screwdriver.
And with at least some scopes you still can.
I've been shooting 50yrs, in the time since I got my first high powered rifle & for the first time needed the use of optics on my guns ( around 35+ yrs ago ) I've never once torqued a single base or ring screw. I've always found that a lil blue Loctite on the base screws & a firm snugging has always worked fine & on the rings - a firm even snugging without any loctite does the same. Never caused myself any scope issues or rings or mount screws coming loose.

Years ago they custom finished a mount for my Browning BLR. They were the first BLR mount that I liked the design of. It does what I need it to do. I appreciate their willingness to work with me. The price was very reasonable.

Next I needed rings to attach to Picatinny. They didn't have such a product. I see they now do, but I really like Nightforce, Seekins, Bobro, and JP Enterprises.

Last edited:
I like them a lot. Have them on every rifle I own except my Sako's. Been using them for 15 years at least. They used to be called Dead Nutz but I guess the political bs got to them. They used to be relatively inexpensive but like everything else they have went up. I think I just paid $70 for a set for a Rem 700 30mm low.

I love them, have them on most rifles where they are an option.

Think they backed off in the marketing gas when compared to about 10 years ago. My guess is the explosion in customs sporting rails and solid bridge as well as factory rifles doing the same its limited their market. On the direct mount front they share space with talley, hawkins hybrids, and dusty nf direct mounts as well as leupolds new backcountry line.

Only mounts that I like better are the hawkins.