Digital Camo paint job

snox801

So every year I donate a rifle to my local safari club. The rifle is raffled off and 100% of the proceeds are paid to Legends Ranch to send a Purple Heart recipient to the ranch and spend a week hunting a trophy white tail. The ranch gives a large reduced rate for the hunt and the chapter pays for one Purple Heart get to go on a hunt of a lifetime. In the past they would ask for donation and never recieved much. So I've been donating a rifle and semi customizing it to raffle off.
So this year I am donating a 300blk AR 15 it will be engraved with a Purple Heart logo and I would love to have it painted in a white digi Camo. Possibly scope and all if I can swing it. Anyone know of a smith that could do this paint scheme for me. This is what I was thinking.

You may also want to look into hydrographic. My two boys gave me a 338 RUM for Christmas and they had it done with Kryptek camo including the scope. Just a thought.

Shumak Gunsmithing, Marietta OH. does some great Hydro graphics. I was in his shop and seen a rifle he had done the digital camo coating like the S.S.Army uniforms have. Check out his website for ideas.

If you get it done, post some before and after pics!

I've been messing around with coating firearms for the last year or so. The ones I've done have turned out great. Trying my first digital camo this summer. I have everything, I just need to get the rifle back together. (I'm an amateur though and only trust myself on my own equipment).

Thanks for supporting a great cause. It's funny how much I complained about the military while I was in, and yet how much it has actually benefited my life. Not all veterans are as lucky as I was though. Thanks for your altruism. I'm sure it is going to be very much appreciated.

If you haven't had the gun coated yet, give Custom Gun Coatings in Kansas City, MO a call.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.