Painted the wife’s new rifle! Manners midnight camo

.875 outside to outside, .611 net. Pretty good for first 3 shot group. Mirage is getting bad. Shot on 12x off front rest and rear bag. Think I could have done better with higher magnification. Good start!

Attachments

• 990DA73C-4D4A-4482-90A7-D46FD9FB9553.jpeg
    990DA73C-4D4A-4482-90A7-D46FD9FB9553.jpeg
    336.6 KB · Views: 124
Thanks! Shot 4 more theee shot groups, cleaning between each one. After the clean bore shot, the following 2 shots in each group were cutting holes averaging .236" across the four groups (all shots taken 8 minutes apart). I'm gonna call my break in good (18 shots, cleaning every third shot) as this barrel does not foul AT ALL. It cleans up as easy as any hand lapped match grade barrel I have ever owned. Same load I use in my other Creedmoor, no need for load development on this one. Very impressed with this little rifle.

Go for it brother! Nothing to be nervous about. Super simple. You'll be glad you did. Doing something the first time is nerve racking but it's always teaches you something and it's always rewarding. If you mes up a little, just remove it. You get as many do overs as you want!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.