Rifle stock painting

Just cerakote it. With prices for coatings being affordable and offering something much more durable and less likely to look like trash, why waste your time on a diy?
If you have something worth keeping long term, put the money into it. It'll be worth it.
just my .02

nothing fussy and only as expensive as an assortment of rattle can paints...
P3100007.JPGP4100001.JPGP3140002.JPG

Does any one have alot of experience with the hydro dipping. It is very cool. Just wondering how durable it is and is it affected by extreme cold?
I don't have any experience with a diy hydro dipping but have had a gun stock done locally and it looks good and is durable. As far as I know any factory camo bow or gun is done using hydro dipping. There's plenty of diy kits available for around $75 and was going to try but for another $40 I had a pro do it and very pleased so far.

Does any one have alot of experience with the hydro dipping. It is very cool. Just wondering how durable it is and is it affected by extreme cold?
I have a Manners EH1 that I had Hydrodipped professionally in Kuiu Vias. I have not had it in really cold weather, but I have had it in really HOT weather. It has bounced between two rifles and holds my 25SST currently. It has ridden around in a pack a lot, and been on several hunts. I have had no issues with it peeling or flaking.

It looks really nice too.
20200319_144849.jpg

I have a Manners EH1 that I had Hydrodipped professionally in Kuiu Vias. I have not had it in really cold weather, but I have had it in really HOT weather. It has bounced between two rifles and holds my 25SST currently. It has ridden around in a pack a lot, and been on several hunts. I have had no issues with it peeling or flaking.

It looks really nice too.
View attachment 365155
SWEET!! Awesome looking rig!! Thanks for the insight!

I don't have any experience with a diy hydro dipping but have had a gun stock done locally and it looks good and is durable. As far as I know any factory camo bow or gun is done using hydro dipping. There's plenty of diy kits available for around $75 and was going to try but for another $40 I had a pro do it and very pleased so far.
Cool! I didn't know a guy could get a diy kit! Might be looking at that option! Thanks for the insight!

Black Ice coatings for Hydro dip can't be beat!
I like to shorten my own stocks and play with new recoil pads. I get it all ground flush and can't say enough good about Lee.
He did a Kuiu Visa pattern and then a black splatter web which gives in a little grip and custom look.tempImage2DyJYe.png

Last edited:
this man does a lot of MPA set ups outstanding work https://deadeyecustoms.com/
Impressive work.

'Cept for the fact that he states on his website that he has no FFL, yet insists it's fine to ship him rifles...
Says he doesn't need one for "maintenance work"...absolutely incorrect.
He's headed to Club Fed if he thinks he can receive firearms interstate via mail or common carrier without being a licensee.