Didn't Know Where To Post This.....Stock Painting

Savage 12BVSS

I have two carbon fiber stocks that could use a fresh coat of paint. Its not due to wear or use at all, just poor color choice on one and some barrel channel work on the other. The maker used an epoxy coating that has been bulletproof for over a decade and I would like to duplicate that with new colors. I've done rattlecan paint jobs in the past and they don't resist scratches and wear that well. If anybody knows of a place that does good coatings I would appreciate it, the original maker of the stocks is backed up for months and you never know what real color and webbing style you will get. If all else fails will live with the current coatings but open to suggestions. Thanks

I just Rattle Can mine now with Krylon and a Laundry Bag , cheap and easy to touch up
Yes I've done paint jobs on stocks before but pushing thru brush and climbing up to stands thru limbs are pretty hard on finish. I got to know what is laundry bag for? I used to paint for a living including custom cycle work, its that marine epoxy coating that withstands everything. Maybe I'll try to find the paint around here. Stockade Stocks wants $100 a stock but turnover is anyones guess :(

Yes I've done paint jobs on stocks before but pushing thru brush and climbing up to stands thru limbs are pretty hard on finish. I got to know what is laundry bag for? I used to paint for a living including custom cycle work, its that marine epoxy coating that withstands everything. Maybe I'll try to find the paint around here. Stockade Stocks wants $100 a stock but turnover is anyones guess :(
I use the laundry bag for my pattern
D0952337-2913-4891-934F-772B18C2BB34.jpeg
1E770BD6-EF72-425F-BE92-171BD17EE3D8.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
nothing to it. i use painters tape to block off what i dont want painted. sometimes duct tape on metal parts. then go to town with a base coat. the laundry bag works. i've used balled up paper towels to create a sponge like effect. you can also use a handful of twigs. just lay them on the stock and paint over it. anything that will create a disruptive pattern. i'd post pics but my work computer won't let me

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.