Didn't Know Where To Post This.....Stock Painting

That is a kelblys action in a custom wood stock. It is real long in the front and is 6 inches wide at the fore end. That's a 29 inch barrel to tell you how long the for end is. 17 pounds.
Shep

Attachments

• 20180417_150120.jpg
    20180417_150120.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 67
Home Depot carries Rustoleum textured spray paint in camo colors. It makes a great grip, and no sheen. I've been busted more times than I know by shiny rifles, and watched others get busted without ever knowing it. I've also located deer by the shine on their antlers. No big deal when it gets scratched, it is a hunting gun. I can repaint my pattern anytime I want.

Thanks. It's called Levi. Like the jeans. I purposely made the light spots in the blue to look like broken in jeans. Nothing better than worn out jeans.
Shep

I'm doing another one just like it with twice the fiddle back. It's going to be grey. I have a 3rd one in cherry fiddle and mahogany. These stocks track so good once you start your 10 shot string you don't have to adjust point of aim. Just push it to the stop and pull the trigger. Robert Shields makes the blank and he can shoot 10 shots in about 15 seconds.
Shep

Krylon fusion will stick to fiberglass, wood & cheap plastic stocks better than any of the other standard rattle can paint. I don't know how it would stick to carbon fiber. I use a flat clear coat over the fusion. The right colors & paint scheme will keep scratches from being very noticeable & give it that seasoned rugged look.
Krylon fusion needs to cure for about 10-12 days before painting on top of it.

20200219_162153.jpg20200502_214618.jpg
Here's a couple I've done. The first one is OD Alumahyde with black webbing, and the second is rustoleum textured paint.

I use cerakote C. It's pretty darned tough on stocks compared to krylon. It can easily be applied to stocks with an airbrush.
Amazon has a bed liner called raptor that can be color tinted and sprayed on with home air compressor with attachment you can fit to bottle. I think its $100 for gal so prob bit much if only had one stock to do. Very durable

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.